added to the site..obviously it is cutoff

inspect with firebug

firebug says the location of the logo code is
www.mydomain.com/

it does not refer to a css file

?

searched the coolness css
no logo code for header logo only a 200px line for logo_footer.png

where is the logo code for the header logo at?

why is this not in the CSS file?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125788 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:how to modify logo?
Please see the following. :)

IN: templates/coolness/css/template_css.css
ON: Line 261
[code:1]
/* Logo formatting: */
#logo { float:left; width: 200px; background:url(../images/head_foot.png) no-repeat 0px -82px; }
#logo a {text-decoration:none; color:#636363;}
#logo h1 {margin:0px; padding:0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:32px; line-height:100%; font-weight:500; display:block; padding:10px 0 0 20px; }
#logo h1 STRONG { color: #636363; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold; }
#logo h1 a STRONG { color: #636363; }
#slogan h2 { margin:0px; padding:0px; height:49px; line-height:49px; color:#636363; text-align:right; font-style: italic; font-size:18px; font-weight:500; padding-right: 20px; }
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125793 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:how to modify logo?
this does not do what I am asking

the solution has already been posted

the code in the CSS you are posting does not control the logo width.
(and I think you know that as you have mentioned it on other posts)

it is controlled in the index.php file of the template.

correct me if wrong...but you personally have posted 3 different solutions to this issue...and none of them are the correct one.

Post edited by: jakobe75, at: 2010/03/03 22:26

14 years 3 weeks ago #125903 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:how to modify logo?
The template is part dynamic and part static. Some elements dynamically change based on your params found in the templates backend. Then other parts the CSS takes over and goes from there. The column width controls the width of the logo depending on how you plan to use the param; otherwise CSS takes over. Set the left column width to be wider for your logo if this is what you need. It's a multi-answer scenario, lol.

If you need it more customized you may need to edit the template. The CSS code is above, the dynamic code is as follows.

IN: templates/coolness/index.php
ON: Line 58
[code:1]
#logo { background:url("<?php echo $imagePath; ?>"«») no-repeat 5px 5px; width: <?php echo $leftcol_width; ?>px; }
[/code:1]

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/04 16:50

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125907 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:how to modify logo?
you must be either using a newer version than mine or an outdated version

index.php does not contain that code on line 58

at least not on mine ..(I downloaded 2 days ago 3/2/10)

my lines 54-62

[code:1]<?php
$topCount = $this->countModules('user3') + $this->countModules('user4');
$botCount = $this->countModules('user5') + $this->countModules('user6');
?>
<style type="text/css">
<?php if ( $varWidth == "true" ) { ?>
#container { width: 100%; min-width:800px; }
<?php } else { ?>
#container { width: <?php echo $fixedWidth; ?>px; }[/code:1]

where is this code again?
the fix I posted works...none of the others seem to make any changes anything to the logo container width.

14 years 3 weeks ago #126138 by IAAF
Replied by IAAF on topic Re:how to modify logo?
FINALLY figured it out ... even though I had changed the following css page correctly, the next set of code in the index.php was over-riding the new width setting in the css file. These are the 2 changes I had to make to change the width for my logo.

lst change made in: ...templates/coolness/css/template_css.css
was to replace 180px with 400px (see text in blue):

/* Logo formatting: changed width from 180px to 400px */
#logo { float:left; width: 400px; background: url(/../images/head_foot.png) no-repeat 0px -82px; }
#logo a {text-decoration:none; color:#636363;}
#logo h1 {margin:0px; padding:0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:32px; line-height:100%; font-weight:500; display:block; padding:10px 0 0 20px; }
#logo h1 STRONG { color: #636363; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold; }
#logo h1 a STRONG { color: #636363; }
#slogan h2 { margin:0px; padding:0px; height:49px; line-height:49px; color:#636363; text-align:right; font-style: italic; font-size:18px; font-weight:500; padding-right: 20px; }

2nd change was made in: ...templates/coolness/index.php

the following line of code was overriding the width setting above since it is defaulting to the current value of the left column which is 180.

Before change (code in blue was replaced with code in green in code after change:

#logo { background:url("<?php echo $imagePath; ?>") no-repeat 5px 5px; width: <?php echo $leftcol_width; ?>px; }
<?php } ?>

after change:
#logo { background:url("<?php echo $imagePath; ?>") no-repeat 5px 5px; width: 400px; }
<?php } ?>

www.blairalumni.org/v15/

now I just need to make the background of the image transparent :)

Post edited by: IAAF, at: 2010/03/08 02:24

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn