Image Gallery Lightbox

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #264717 by jacksudan
Replied by jacksudan on topic Image Gallery DOES NOT WORK Period!
You have said CB Gallery works but I dispute that and the images attached prove it
Image 1 is the settings in the backend which I have set as follows:

Maximum Image Height: 500
Maximum Image Width: 600
Maximum Thumbnail Height: 100
Maximum Thumbnail Width: 100

as you can see in image 2 the thumbnail size has not changed and if you look at the image on the far left it has blurred the thumbnail of school test!

In image 3 the modal image has not changed in fact all it did was blur the image, the original dimensions of this image are 2560 x 1440 and I have attached this original image also.

Image 4 is the result in the frontend of original image if I don't change the settings after installing the plugin, no blur.

I think this proves it does not work or at least it does not work for me,
I need this issue fixed asap!
I am using up to date CB and CB Gallery
John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #264748 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Image Gallery DOES NOT WORK Period!
Your thumbnail size is 100x100. By default the thumbnail container is 200x200. It's being upscaled. You're taking a huge image and crushing it to 100x100 pixels. It's going to look terrible. Increase the thumbnail size for better detail.

As for the fullsize again you're trying to cram 2560 x 1440 worth of pixels into 600 x 500. Increase your maximum allowed sizes if you want to maintain more detail. Shrink the image in Photoshop, MS Paint, anything really and you'll see the detail loss and blurring. By default CB also uses PHP GD2 for its image processing. If you want even better detail you need to use ImageMagick.

This isn't an issue with CB Gallery. It's just doing what you told it to do and that's to downscale your images. The only issue is the modal window upscales smaller images, but that'll be fixed in next release. The thumbnail will always upscale the image to fit the container so the display is consistent (200x200). Images of course will never display in the modal window larger than their container and is why there is an "Original Image" link in the modal window footer.

I'm really not sure what you expected when you're downscaling by 426.67%.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 11 months ago #264917 by jacksudan
Replied by jacksudan on topic Image Gallery DOES NOT WORK Period!
Hold on a sec there! I have tried all sizes of images with this plugin. that was just an example.
You are not sure what I expect?

Let me just tell you what I expect as a fully paid up member, I expect the software to work out of the box.

Now, are we clear on what I expect?

I am sure if you went to a store and purchased a new laptop and it didn't work when you pressed the power button you would bring it back to the store and say this didn't work out of the box. Would you accept the store manager saying to you; well hold on there fella, we are working on it, we will get the bugs out of it eventually. What do you expect?

8 years 11 months ago #264923 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Image Gallery DOES NOT WORK Period!
You need to increase your maximum image sizes to avoid downscaling by so much, which will cause detail loss. If you want the best display then try the below and re-upload your image.

Maximum Image Height: 1200
Maximum Image Width: 1600
Maximum Thumbnail Height: 300
Maximum Thumbnail Width: 400

Now with that said you're still likely using GD2. In short GD2 is rather terrible at scaling, but it's the only image processing built into PHP. For further better quality you really need to be using ImageMagick, which you'll need to contact your host about.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #264938 by jacksudan
Replied by jacksudan on topic Image Gallery Lightbox
Thank you for your quick reply, but the problem is no longer a problem, at least I hope it does not happen again.
I un-installed all plugins and cb and reinstalled. without changing any settings I uploaded several images and it is now working fine which I am baffled by!

The only thing I can think of that might have caused the issue is, I set up a new tab just for pics and videos and unpublished the default fields, files, music, videos, photos...

I have another issue, I have setup autoactions to assign new members to groups and it is not working, i have followed the tutorial on joomlapolis and it says the trigger is onAfterUserRegistration but that is nowhere in the list of triggers so i put it in manually and when i registered a new user my site crashed (see image)
I checked the plugin again and the trigger had changed to Start Save registration
Any ideas why?

As you can see from user manager tomtest is assigned to registered but not the group teacher in pics 5 and 6 as chosen on registration.
Even though I have manually configured janedoe as a student and newschool as a school in the frontend of my site when updating their profiles, they have not been assigned to their groups in the backend user manager

8 years 11 months ago #264948 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Image Gallery Lightbox

Thank you for your quick reply, but the problem is no longer a problem, at least I hope it does not happen again.
I un-installed all plugins and cb and reinstalled. without changing any settings I uploaded several images and it is now working fine which I am baffled by!

It's because uninstalling a plugin wipes its settings. So it reset back to default maximum sizes, which are more than double what you had specified. For even better quality use the above sizes if you like.

I have another issue, I have setup autoactions to assign new members to groups and it is not working, i have followed the tutorial on joomlapolis and it says the trigger is onAfterUserRegistration but that is nowhere in the list of triggers so i put it in manually and when i registered a new user my site crashed (see image)
I checked the plugin again and the trigger had changed to Start Save registration
Any ideas why?

You need to use the after registration trigger. See the below tutorial for further usage information. If you have any further trouble please create a new forum topic to help avoid confusion.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18237-cb-auto-actions-assigning-usergroup-based-on-cb-field-value

The error you're seeing in your first image is a bug with our CB > User Management usergroup filter. That's fixed in CB 2.x Nightly build and for 2.0.9.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn