[#5588] CBsubs recurring subscriptions with SEPA payment

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272817 by activha
Hello
A lot of our customers now use the standard SEPA european wire transfer system. We have then set monthly plans with automatic and recurring monthly payments/SEPA transfers received by our banks.
Problems are that we need these plans to be automatically recurring with a manual payment gateway for SEPA where the customer inputs its details and SEPA agreement.
Can we use some autoaction to automatically renew these monthly plans at the end of each month and automatically send the invoice to the customer ? if yes can you tell me how to configure it ?
Can we have some sort of a joomla page to check that SEPA wires received match the plans payments expected ? or deactivate a user or send a reminder email in case of no payment ?
As our subscriptions are automatically renewed each year (contract specifies a 3 months pre advice to cancel), can we automatically send an invoice to the customer a month BEFORE the payment is made (either automatically or manually) to invite or warn them of the coming payment ?

Thanks on this

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272859 by krileon
CBSubs Mailer can be used to send your renewal notices, but no CB Auto Actions can not act as a payment gateway and you'll need to develop a new CBSubs payment gateway for transfers or use the Offline gateway and provide the details they need to make the transfer, but there's no auto renewal for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272877 by activha
We need to send an invoice with mailer so that the client will pay.
Our clients are businesses and they need invoices prior to payment.
How can we do this with mailer and off line gateway?

8 years 6 months ago #272885 by krileon
You can't, there's no way to generate invoices like that in CBSubs without doing some manual steps. You'd have to navigate to their frontend profile, go through the offline gateway process on their behalf, then I guess send an email that they've an invoice pending payment. CBSubs isn't really designed for what you're wanting; that's more a long the lines of accounting/booking software usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272887 by activha
The thing is that we sell annual or monthly subscriptions to business users. And as they agree to a tacit renewal three months prior to end of the annual period, we need to send them an invoice with the subscription details.

I understand your point about accounting software but as soon as cbsubs generates invoices the link with some kind of accounting features is needed.

Do you see a way to solve our problem without changing our subscriptions software? Cbsubs seemed fined and pretty adaptable until now but we need this pro features about sending invoices and SEPA transfers

Manual change through frontend cannot be an option. As soon as we develop our customer base this would be crazy to do.

Don't you have a trigger that we could use to automate a send of an invoice if the subscription has not been canceled three months before its renewal?

Or can we automate the manual gateway? So that payment is automatically renewed and we only have to check reception on our bank accounts with accounting software?

8 years 6 months ago #272907 by krileon

Don't you have a trigger that we could use to automate a send of an invoice if the subscription has not been canceled three months before its renewal?

You'd need to use CBSubs Mailer to send a renewal notice, but it's not going to generate an invoice. I suppose the renewal notice could be formatted to look like an invoice though.

Or can we automate the manual gateway? So that payment is automatically renewed and we only have to check reception on our bank accounts with accounting software?

The Offline gateway doesn't support recurring subscriptions so that won't work. If you use Authorize.net, PayPal, or 2checkout for example they could just purchase directly and have auto recurring as needed. There's no support for wire transfers beyond the offline gateway. CBSubs has no way of verifying those payments and there's nothing to send an IPN to CBSubs to tell it that payment was made. It's possible to develop a new gateway that just keeps renewing it anyway and you'd need to manually cancel the subscription if they didn't pay I suppose, but there's still a manual step.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn