[#5588] CBsubs recurring subscriptions with SEPA payment

8 years 6 months ago #272937 by activha

You'd need to use CBSubs Mailer to send a renewal notice, but it's not going to generate an invoice. I suppose the renewal notice could be formatted to look like an invoice though.

This is a good idea and will be the way we 'll go.
Businesses need an invoice to authorize payments to suppliers so this may be a solution for their accounting people to authorize the payment

It's possible to develop a new gateway that just keeps renewing it anyway and you'd need to manually cancel the subscription if they didn't pay I suppose, but there's still a manual step.

Yes I understand but this is the way BtoB works. We sell subscription with automatic and tacit renewal, these subscriptions will be paid by wire transfer, automatically renewed and only manually modified if our accounting department warns of a non payment.
Could you propose it from the off line gateway this way ?
SEPA wire transfers are very important in Europe and likely to increase over next years not only for BtoB but also for retail markets as they are much simpler and a lot less expensive for banks.
this would be a nice add-on for cbsubs gateways. You could only add fields for IBAN BIC and RUM code, have a look at how we structured our off line gateway if you want.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272952 by krileon
I don't have anything to propose at this time and I'm not sure we even have an example of such a usage either as no one has needed it or proposed this usage. You'd need to have a modified Offline gateway that supports recurring subscriptions that just constantly renews.

I've added a feature ticket to implement support for recurring payments in the Offline gateway to behave as requested.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #273872 by activha

I've added a feature ticket to implement support for recurring payments in the Offline gateway to behave as requested.

We have lots of problems managing recurrent subscription with SEPA payments. Can you tell me is this modification has been implemented in nightly build ?
Or what we need to change ?
thanks

8 years 5 months ago #273897 by krileon
It has not been implemented. I don't have a timeframe for when it'll be implemented. I can't suggest any changes as it has not been reviewed yet. It likely will require significant modifications to the offline gateway.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #273898 by activha
Yes but we have business users and an urgent need for this.
No time frame is not an answer

When our users send recurring SEPA transfers (and it is the majority of business clients in Europe) we need to be able to renew automatically their subscriptions (monthly or annually). For now it is impossible with the manual gateway

Please provide an answer, we use CBSubs as a real product for real business. There are lots of small things to improve but this one is a requirement.

8 years 5 months ago #273919 by beat
I wonder why you don't use the Ogone gateway (Ingenico) with auto-recurring payments which support all payment methods, including the SEPA/IBAN Banküberweisungen, which are popular in Germany, and brings automation in payment collection control ? And also LSV which is also popular and removes the payment burden from your customers. They also support GiroPay and Sofort, all with a single gateway, that is already well implemented in CBSubs.

payment-services.ingenico.com/de/de/online-bezahlsysteme/internationale-bezahlsysteme

You may want to give Ogone Germany a call for help to select an aquirer that supports automated SEPA.

Extending the offline gateway for automated payment feels just plain wrong, as it automates only a part of the chain, and keeps regular work for the customer and for you to process each payment manually. It is not a lot of work to merge the timing generator of the Ogone gateway into the Offline gateway, however without changing a lot the workflows, which is a lot of work, the customer will not see spontaneously his invoice before payment. In CBSubs, everything has been built for automation, and spending a lot of time to implement manual processes on which you and the customer will spend a lot of manual time is outside the scope and goal of CBSubs. That's why that feature request, which is under review, is not scheduled now and probably not any time soon. Hope you understand the reasons, and will certainly appreciate a lot a fully automated process (on your side), also for SEPA/IBAN manual payments.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn