[#5912] Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?

8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #280142 by cagoffice
Hello,

My subscription grace period is now over and all of the members who didn't pay for 2016 are now expired- however they are not banned or blocked.

How do I fix this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 weeks ago #280153 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?
They won't become blocked until the next login attempt. It'll then ask them to renew or upgrade. This assumes you have free registrations without subscriptions disabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 weeks ago #280155 by beat
Also in CBSubs general configuration, automation settings, you can set that expirations also happen on any front-end access, or with a url to access periodically (e.g. with a cron job).

In all cases, as Kyle already said, if you allow free registrations without subscriptions, non-members won't be blocked.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

8 years 3 weeks ago #280160 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?
Sorry I wanted them "banned". Once expired, I don't want them to be able to renew. They can only renew in the bonus months and the grace period.

8 years 3 weeks ago #280174 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?
Banning in CB just bans their profile. They can still login, but their profile will no longer be publicly accessible. Banning isn't the same as blocking as blocking will completely block their ability to login. CBSubs has no features to ban profiles and you'd need to try using CB Auto Actions for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 weeks ago #280180 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?
But isn't there a way to block them from being able to pay when they log back in after expiry? I seem to recall there was a way and it was working but now it's not.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn