[#5912] Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?

8 years 2 weeks ago #280449 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?
CBSubs acts on the same onDuringLogin trigger. Ensure CB Auto Actions within CB > Plugin Management is ordered before CB Paid Subscriptions to ensure it executes first then see if that resolves your issue. Otherwise I don't see a way to stop the CBSubs behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 weeks ago #280454 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?

krileon wrote: CBSubs acts on the same onDuringLogin trigger. Ensure CB Auto Actions within CB > Plugin Management is ordered before CB Paid Subscriptions to ensure it executes first then see if that resolves your issue. Otherwise I don't see a way to stop the CBSubs behavior.

Auto Actions is (and was) the first of my "user" plugins, CB Paid Subscriptions is #18.

So, what you said in your previous post

What you could do is use CB Auto Actions to block their login. Create a checkbox field that you'll toggle between 1 and 0 based off subscription using CBSubs Fields or by changing manually. You'd then act on onDuringLogin with a Redirect action to redirect away if the checkbox field has a value of 1 (checked) for example.

is not true? Again, have you tried what you're describing?

Just wondering, because you sure know your **** ;) , so I guessed you had good reason for your suggestion, and maybe I'm overlooking something else...

8 years 2 weeks ago #280465 by krileon
No, I didn't try it. It was a suggestion for you to try. I don't have every usecase known to man tested, lol. CB Auto Actions is entirely trial and error driven. It's just a tool to configure.

Turn on free registrations without subscriptions within CBSubs > Settings > Global then retry your action as this should stop CBSubs from taking over that behavior entirely and should let CB Auto Actions to do it instead.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 weeks ago #280470 by lousyfool
Ah ok.

When you said "What you could do... " here , then I took everything following it as god's word on something that'll work... as opposed to "What you could try... (might work or not)", haha.

Turn on free registrations without subscriptions

will mean I'm back to users being able to register without having selected at least one of the non-exclusive subscriptions - which is a no-no in this use case.

Or is e.g. the trigger onBeforeUserRegistration with some added tricks good for doing a "any plan selected?" check?

Sorry for being a pest, but there's got to be a "hack-less" way of making (non-exclusive) plan selection required before registration, and of course - as per OP's original request - effectively blocking a user from logging in without CBSubs (or anything!) ignoring/overriding the block.

8 years 2 weeks ago #280499 by krileon
For CBSubs Exclusive and Mandatory (Required) are basically one in the same. There is no mandatory non-exlusive usage. I suggest one of the below usecases.

1. Set plans to be exclusive, enable free registrations without subscriptions, mark 1 of the exclusive plans as default, then use CB Auto Actions to block login.

2. Disable free registrations without subscriptions then disable renewals for your plans. They will be blocked during login and will not be able to renew to regain access.

You'll need to compromise on your usage for something that works with CBSubs. You can try adjusting "Membership expired redirect URL" within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Expiration to redirect to a different URL, but I'm unsure if this affects the login block.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #280516 by lousyfool
Hi Kyle,

Thank you for elaborating more on this and trying to show alternative ways to what might be viable in many or maybe most cases.

krileon wrote: For CBSubs Exclusive and Mandatory (Required) are basically one in the same. There is no mandatory non-exlusive usage.

Well, there could be. If all plans are non-exclusive, it's factually a bunch of checkboxes, which as group could be "required" so at least one must be selected. Within CB it's possible with CB field type "multiple checkboxes". Just saying it'd be a nice option to have for non-exclusive plans as well.
But no need if free registrations without subs can be disabled... if that didn't get overridden by CBSubs, haha.

krileon wrote: 1. Set plans to be exclusive, enable free registrations without subscriptions, mark 1 of the exclusive plans as default, then use CB Auto Actions to block login.

2. Disable free registrations without subscriptions then disable renewals for your plans. They will be blocked during login and will not be able to renew to regain access.

While - again - one of these may work elsewhere, neither #1 nor #2 are close enough to what's required here, unfortunately - and what's actually possible within CB/CBSubs settings (making it truly outstanding!), except for that one little detail.

krileon wrote: You'll need to compromise on your usage for something that works with CBSubs. You can try adjusting "Membership expired redirect URL" within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Expiration to redirect to a different URL, but I'm unsure if this affects the login block.

Last one first: nice pointer, but nope, the "custom URL" does not prevent CBSubs from overriding, either.

Re. compromise: sorry, but I disagree. Clients want "exactly this and that, and all of it", and tend to neither pay for compromises, nor do they compensate for the extra time needed for fixing shortcomings.

Speaking about which, a small hack in the redirectExpiredMembership function, and now it's doing everything as wanted/needed/expected/... ;)

Never mind, and once again many thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn