[#5912] Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?

8 years 3 weeks ago #280211 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?
Yes, you need to disable free registrations without subscriptions within CBSubs > Settings > Global. If a user doesn't have an active subscription then on login it'll block their account and ask them to renew or subscribe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 weeks ago #280212 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?
That is the thing, after their expiry- we don't want them to be able to renew (they can only renew during bonus months and grace period). I think what we are going to do is pull a list of everyone who expired recently and go into their profile one-by-one and ban them.

8 years 3 weeks ago #280214 by krileon
Sounds like you'll have to manually block them or enable/disable renewals manually during those months as there's no conditioning for renewals. If renewal isn't allowed it won't allow them to renew and they'll still be blocked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 weeks ago #280221 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?
I think we will have to manually ban them as I don't want them to renew until they contact us.

8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #280248 by krileon
It's still going to ask them to renew. Blocking them doesn't stop CBSubs from being able to override this. Banning them just bans their profile and can still login.

What you could do is use CB Auto Actions to block their login. Create a checkbox field that you'll toggle between 1 and 0 based off subscription using CBSubs Fields or by changing manually. You'd then act on onDuringLogin with a Redirect action to redirect away if the checkbox field has a value of 1 (checked) for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #280366 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic Membership Expired- why are they not blocked?

krileon wrote: What you could do is use CB Auto Actions to block their login. Create a checkbox field that you'll toggle between 1 and 0 based off subscription using CBSubs Fields or by changing manually. You'd then act on onDuringLogin with a Redirect action to redirect away if the checkbox field has a value of 1 (checked) for example.

Hi Kyle,

Have you tried this yourself?

Thought it was a brilliant idea, so I did as suggested. But the redirect triggered by onDuringLogin (and onBeforeLogin, too) and a certain checkbox value = 1 works only if a subscription is still active or renewed. If all subscriptions are expired or cancelled, the redirect seems to be "too late", CBSubs is "faster" and still asking the user to renew.

What can or must be done to make it work as per your suggestion?

Thanks.

P.S.:
Tried it with onLoginAuthentication, and that seems to get the timing right, but then debug reported the conditional failing ("0 Equal to 1"), although the field in question is definitely 1... and CBSubs was again asking to renew :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn