[SOLVED] [#6111] subs 4.1.0 plans not showing up settings not saving

7 years 9 months ago #283794 by krileon

krileon..as i stated above. My plans are showing and my save button issue is gone...i started from scratch and i created no usergroups yet..so i dont see how that can be my issue?
i recieved this error after installing community builder and then cb plugins and modules with nothing else installed on my website..and its exactly what happened the first time...

The credentials you gave me were for a site with permissions configured and I confirmed it was the input limit causing the problem. You did not provide a clean install where you're having this issue for me to investigate.

1. you said to uninstall the module manually..but i want to use it? dont understand how this fixes my issue or know if i even really have an issue

You have no issue with the CB Activity module. As I stated in my previous reply it's the Package Installer.

2. do i need to uninstall it and was this (failed to uninstall self) issue a legitimate issue because it seems to be working so far?

No, as stated in my previous reply you need to uninstall Package Installer from Extensions > Manage, not the CB Activity module.

4.what i really dont understand is this ..cb activity and cb group jive plugins are already installed..all the field included installed with no errors but the modules which only reference to them are pushing me to my limit?

The modules have nothing to do with your CBSubs settings issue.

5. i recieved these errors on a brand new environment with only cb and few plugins installed twice and consistently with these two modules and it seems to be a bug specifically related to these two modules but i may be mistaken respectfully as you guys are the experts.

What errors? Saving CBSubs settings or during install? If during install then please make a new topic; combining your multiple separate issues into 1 topic is making this too confusing to help you.

6..i aim to have about 50 user groups 50 acl groups and 50 plans along with about 200 fields created...is this really too much...if so what the safe limit so that i can know how to proceed? thanks

Increase max_input_vars or don't have so many usergroups.

also as a heads up...im with hostgator and they informed me that increasing my max_input_vars to 3000 is not an option on shared hosting..you mentioned this to address my save issue which is no longer an issue as i stated in my previous reply. My credentials are the same in case u feel it deserves another look but if you can clarify my questions i can move forward. Thanks

I don't see what shared hosting has to do with this. It's a php.ini override that they should have no issue applying to your deployment. I would consider finding a more reliable host.

Also is 40 usergroups really too many? that dosent seem like much. and should i uninstall the activity module if i plan on using it? do you mean and reinstall it again?

No, but since we render the Permissions settings in CBSubs > Settings it causes a large amount of inputs to be added to the form. This causes it to surpass the 1,000 default max_input_vars limit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelgreen252

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #283923 by michaelgreen252
Replied by michaelgreen252 on topic subs 4.1.0 plans not showing up settings not saving
Working so far..sorry for my late reply..thanks agaun

7 years 9 months ago #283924 by beat
Next CBSubs nightly is moving the Permissions from a tab of general settings to its own "Permissions" button, like in rest of CB and Joomla. This solves this thread.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn