[SOLVED] [#6111] subs 4.1.0 plans not showing up settings not saving

7 years 10 months ago #283657 by krileon
Yes, I've received your credentials and will be reviewing your install shortly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #283660 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and the inability to save CBSubs > Settings is why plans aren't displaying properly on registration as "Show subscription plans at registration" was never stored so it is defaulting to 0 causing plans to hide during registration.

Review your server error log after saving CBSubs > Settings with debug mode and maximum error reporting enable as for some reason the post is not reaching its destination and this is usually due to input limits being hit in the POST. Contact your host for further information regarding this and see if they can check if the request is being blocked in the access logs.

I've temporarily fixed this by altering the DOM and moving the pathing inputs to the top of the HTML form forcing at least a few of the settings to save, but you need to contact your host as instructed above to figure out why the inputs are being cut short.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #283724 by michaelgreen252
Replied by michaelgreen252 on topic subs 4.1.0 plans not showing up settings not saving
Hey thanks krileon, instead of trouble shooting with my host i started from scratch again....bugs are gone. so far my plans are showing and my save button is working...but one question which i asked in my first post as well..
im getting an error again..is this normal becuase it is consistant?
1. mod activity/ mod content >>...installation success but....says failed to uninstall self..please uninstall manually...

So is this expected?
Should i attempt to reinstall over it?
Should i uninstall manually and if so what exactly am i uninstalling manually and where should i do so?
Thanks,,,I would like to wait for your response before i proceed

7 years 10 months ago #283744 by krileon
That means the Package Installer failed to remove it self for whatever reason. Manually uninstall it within Extensions > Manage.

As for your issue it's likely due to you having so many Usergroups causing the Permissions tab to add a significant amount of inputs to the form. This causes the form to surpass the default 1000 value of max_input_vars. Contact your host and have them increase max_input_vars to 3000 if you're unsure how. This will resolve the save issue. We'll also be moving permissions to its own page to help prevent this in the future.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283772 by michaelgreen252
Replied by michaelgreen252 on topic subs 4.1.0 plans not showing up settings not saving
krileon..as i stated above. My plans are showing and my save button issue is gone...i started from scratch and i created no usergroups yet..so i dont see how that can be my issue?
i recieved this error after installing community builder and then cb plugins and modules with nothing else installed on my website..and its exactly what happened the first time...
Also is 40 usergroups really too many? that dosent seem like much. and should i uninstall the activity module if i plan on using it? do you mean and reinstall it again?

please tell me how to resolve

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #283774 by michaelgreen252
wow this is frustrating...im hoping to resolve this so i can move on..
The activity module is installed. and seems to be working so far...
1. you said to uninstall the module manually..but i want to use it? dont understand how this fixes my issue or know if i even really have an issue

2. do i need to uninstall it and was this (failed to uninstall self) issue a legitimate issue because it seems to be working so far?

3. you said its because i have too many usergroups... so far i only have registered

4.what i really dont understand is this ..cb activity and cb group jive plugins are already installed..all the field included installed with no errors but the modules which only reference to them are pushing me to my limit?

5. i recieved these errors on a brand new environment with only cb and few plugins installed twice and consistently with these two modules and it seems to be a bug specifically related to these two modules but i may be mistaken respectfully as you guys are the experts.

6..i aim to have about 50 user groups 50 acl groups and 50 plans along with about 200 fields created...is this really too much...if so what the safe limit so that i can know how to proceed? thanks

also as a heads up...im with hostgator and they informed me that increasing my max_input_vars to 3000 is not an option on shared hosting..you mentioned this to address my save issue which is no longer an issue as i stated in my previous reply. My credentials are the same in case u feel it deserves another look but if you can clarify my questions i can move forward. Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn