Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Checkbox (multiple) not saving selections

• sclarke
  • sclarke
6 years 6 months ago #298445 by sclarke
CB 2.1.3 with CB Paid Subs 4.1.1+build.2017.09.28.15.44.

One of the CB fields on our member profile is multiple-choice check-boxes (up to 7 selections).

Three of our members have tried repeatedly to make multiple selections using this field but only one of their selections is retained in the table after they update and view their profile. When we updated the field from the back-end, the selections were posted correctly but had reverted to a single selection when rechecked several hours later.

There are no errors reported on the data tables and no parameters or integrations used on this field.

Appreciate your advice.
Thanks
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #298448 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Checkbox (multiple) not saving selections
Do you have CB Conditional installed? If so see if you're using a conditional others usage on the options of the field. Try creating a new multicheckbox field and see if it has same issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sclarke
  • sclarke
6 years 6 months ago #298456 by sclarke
Replied by sclarke on topic Checkbox (multiple) not saving selections
Hi Kyle,
Yes—CB Conditional is installed but there are no conditions self/other set on this field.

We duplicated and tested this field and the duplicate appears to be working correctly with multiple selections.

My partner wants to draw your attention to a previous post from us about 6 months ago relating to user params:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/236528-0-error-decoding-json-data-syntax-error#293524

She also wanted me to report that this latest issue has arisen since we implemented the last CB update.

There is another exception that may be relevant: CB has a "Dues Paid" checkbox field (single) that is updated by CB Paid Subs (see attachment). There has been one instance we know of where the field was not updated when the user renewed his subscription.

Thanks.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #298463 by krileon
So the new field works while the old does not. Likely means an issue with the storage of that field. Did you change its field type (e.g. at one point was a select field)? Are there any database errors within CB > Tools after running the various database tools?

My partner wants to draw your attention to a previous post from us about 6 months ago relating to user params:

That was a storage issue with Joomla params. As long as you've the params field accessible in profile edit you won't have that issue anymore. We've yet to move our workaround for an issue in Joomla from the params field storage behavior to the CB user object.

She also wanted me to report that this latest issue has arisen since we implemented the last CB update.

Latest CB update didn't have anything to do with fields or their storage. Latest release was a minor change to the user approval and user reports pages.

There is another exception that may be relevant: CB has a "Dues Paid" checkbox field (single) that is updated by CB Paid Subs (see attachment). There has been one instance we know of where the field was not updated when the user renewed his subscription.

Ensure you're either using CBSubs Fields or CB Auto Actions to do this on plan activation and that you're toggling the fields value to 1 for checked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sclarke
  • sclarke
6 years 6 months ago #298552 by sclarke
Replied by sclarke on topic Checkbox (multiple) not saving selections
Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your help.

No, the checkbox field has not had its type changed. I ran the CB Tools after I did the upgrade and everything was fine. I also just ran the Tools again and they all come up fine. But the user with the problem has reverted again to just a single checkbox checked.

The reason that I thought this has something to do with the User table params, is that if I run the following command on the user:
Code:
UPDATE `yyy_users` SET `params` = '{}' WHERE `id` =xxx
where yyy is the table prefix and xxx is the user id, I can check more boxes and they update and seem to stay updated until the user goes and updates something in their profile.
When I look at the user record phpMyAdmin is showing the params field to have the following:
Code:
{"language":"","editor":"","timezone":""}
so the record isn't corrupted like it was before.
I can update his record in the backend and the changes stay, but as soon as the user updates his record in the frontend, not the field with the issue but other fields, the field with the issue goes back to just one value.

Yes, we have the params field published.

As to the CB Subs field getting toggled. We have it set with the following parameters:

We really need to figure out why the cb_ethnicity field above keeps getting corrupted when the user updates their profile. Any other ideas as to what to look at/for?

Thank you.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #298557 by krileon
Ensure the "params" field within CB > Field Management is set to display on profile edit. Unfortunately you can not get rid of it for now. It is what has the workaround to Joomlas json encoding of params over and over. If issue persists be sure to test with debug mode and maximum error reporting enabled in Joomla global configuration so errors can output. If there are no errors begin disabling non-core CB plugins within CB > Plugin Management 1 by 1 until issue resolves to rule out conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon