Content Integration Settings

6 years 5 months ago #298688 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Content Integration Settings
The reason why this does not work for us is we are sending a link that would require them to login. Once logged in, it gets redirected to the link that was originally sent.

This USED to work. Now it does NOT.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #298689 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Content Integration Settings
Is the link you're trying to send them to protected by CBSubs? If it is and the content has Public view access level then CBSubs attempts to send them to the plans page to subscribe to access the content. If not logged in it will ask them to register. That's how that protection works. If you don't want that then set the view access level for the content to Registered and you should have normal behavior as before. Also ensure CBs system plugin within Extensions > Plugins is published, public, and ordered as the first system plugin with CBSubs system plugin just below it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298691 by cagoffice
Okay we removed all of the CBSubs content protection so that these links allow a log in.

But now how do I get this:
- Menu items that are protected by a subscription but still allows a person to log in once directed to that URL (and then continue on to the URL after log in)

6 years 5 months ago #298692 by krileon
Set the menu item to Registered and protect it with CBSubs Content. If they're logged in they're sent to subscribe if not subscribed. If they're not logged in they're sent to login due to normal Joomla access denied behavior. That's the only way to have that behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298693 by cagoffice
So I won't be able to have a menu item that is protected by a certain plan and still have the URL ask them to login?

6 years 5 months ago #298695 by krileon
You should be able to create a second menu item that's a menu type of menu alias that links to your protected menu item. That might work how you're wanting as the menu alias is public and visible on your menu, but it links to a menu item that's marked Registered so in theory should send them to login otherwise if they have access it should send them to that menu item fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn