CBSUBS

1 year 9 months ago #329768 by eciudad
CBSUBS was created by eciudad
I just installed CBSUBS and would like to give different menu access to the different memberships.

1.Is there a way to limited the amount of groups a member can create thru CBSUBS?
2. Is there a ways to limit access to certain menus thru CBSUBS?
3. Is there a ways to allows certain memberships to post on chat and forums but not to create one or limit the amount of the ones they can create to CBSUBS?
4. Is there a way provide access to a menu for limited amount of time or instances? For example, I have installed video conferencing and is driven by CB or Joomla Menus. Certain members would have access to create unlimited video conferences and others may have the ability to only do 50, others 10 and others none but all would have the ability to join a video conference already in progress as long they are given the meeting name password.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #329773 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSUBS

1.Is there a way to limited the amount of groups a member can create thru CBSUBS?

I assume you mean groups in CB GroupJive? Yes. First create a field in CB > Field Management to hold a users group create limit. For example lets call it cb_grouplimit. Next in CB GroupJive > Parameters > Groups > General set "Create Limit" to cb_grouplimit. Now in your plan using CBSubs Fields adjust the value of cb_grouplimit for paid group limits.

2. Is there a ways to limit access to certain menus thru CBSUBS?

Yes, CBSubs Content can protect articles, article categories, modules, menu items, extensions, and even custom URLs.

3. Is there a ways to allows certain memberships to post on chat and forums but not to create one or limit the amount of the ones they can create to CBSUBS?

Not sure what you mean by this. You mean allow them to reply to a forum topic, but not create one? You'd either need to use ACL and give them a usergroup if your extension supports that or use By URL Part protection to protect the URL for replying using CBSubs Content.

4. Is there a way provide access to a menu for limited amount of time or instances? For example, I have installed video conferencing and is driven by CB or Joomla Menus. Certain members would have access to create unlimited video conferences and others may have the ability to only do 50, others 10 and others none but all would have the ability to join a video conference already in progress as long they are given the meeting name password.

You would need for that functionality to exist in whatever you're using to create those video conferences. You could then likely manipulate that functionality with CBSubs same as how I've described above for GJ group create limit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago #329777 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic CBSUBS
Thank you Krileon. Let me try your recommendations.

1 year 8 months ago #329967 by eciudad

krileon wrote:

Not sure what you mean by this. You mean allow them to reply to a forum topic, but not create one? You'd either need to use ACL and give them a usergroup if your extension supports that or use By URL Part protection to protect the URL for replying using CBSubs Content.

reply to a forum topic, but not create one? Yes

Other memberships may be allowed to create Forum Topic.

Need a bit more help on this. I am using Kunena Forums (I created categories in Kunena and CB GroupJive Category), Do you mean use Auto Actions? Create a CB GroupJive Groups for each membership type? Create a special field and manage that way using CBSubs Content?

1 year 8 months ago #329968 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSUBS

reply to a forum topic, but not create one? Yes

If that's all you're needing then use ACL for that. Create a usergoup that is allowed to create topics and one that is allowed to reply to topics then give that usergroup to them under the Access tab of your plans in CBSubs. Next edit your category in Kunena and adjust permissions as Kunena provides separate ACL options for creating topics and replying to them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330104 by eciudad

eciudad wrote: I assume you mean groups in CB GroupJive? Yes. First create a field in CB > Field Management to hold a users group create limit. For example lets call it cb_grouplimit. Next in CB GroupJive > Parameters > Groups > General set "Create Limit" to cb_grouplimit. Now in your plan using CBSubs Fields adjust the value of cb_grouplimit for paid group limits..

I did this but I must made an error somewhere, it is not working. During testing, users that are not suppose to create a Group, do. I am not sure why.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds