CBSUBS

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #330179 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSUBS
Where are you subscribing to your plan to test this? Giving the user a subscription from backend can cause problems with CBSubs Fields Integration as the user store itself may override whatever the integration sets. On frontend it won't change the fields value until their subscription is active.

The field itself and the create limit behavior is fully functional. Your issue is entirely with CBSubs Fields not setting the fields value so need to find out what's interrupting that. Easiest way to check for external conflicts is unpublish other plugins like CB Auto Actions then check if the field is updating when subscription is active.

Additionally you can opt to change the fields value using CB Auto Actions instead of CBSubs Fields using the below.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var3]
Operator: Equal To
Value: PLAN_ID_HERE
Condition 2
Custom Value: [var2]
Value: A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Custom Value: [var3]
Value: PLAN_ID_HERE
Condition 2
Custom Value: [var2]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: A

Be sure to replace PLAN_ID_HERE with the actual id of your plan as found in CBSubs > Plans. Now you'd just use a Field action to set the fields value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #330182 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic CBSUBS
Krileon,

All subscriptions were done at the frontend. There is an indication that CBSubs is not updating the field once the user has upgraded to a higher subscription. Having said that, 0 should mean no allowance for groups to be created, unless in the logic 0 mean unlimited. Having the user change the field disregard one of the goals of the subscription. Therefore the user should not have the ability to edit the field. You are correct there is something not allowing CBSubs updating the field based on the subscription. I am glad that you found no issue on the install.

Thank you

1 year 8 months ago #330183 by krileon
0 means unlimited. There isn't a way to turn off group creation without using the create access setting. Try having CB Auto Actions update the field value using the above instructions and see if that'll work for you. I'm not sure what's preventing CBSubs Fields from working in your case, but there has been no changes to that integration to suggest it shouldn't work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330187 by eciudad

krileon wrote: 0 means unlimited. There isn't a way to turn off group creation without using the create access setting. Try having CB Auto Actions update the field value using the above instructions and see if that'll work for you. I'm not sure what's preventing CBSubs Fields from working in your case, but there has been no changes to that integration to suggest it shouldn't work.

Good to know that 0 means unlimited, that would explain several things. I am worry that this functionality works fine for you and not in my installation. I will do a brand website setup to test if it works there, it should.

Regarding the Auto Actions, it is not something that I am well verse on, and I have 4 types of memberships.

1. Basic
2. Standard
3. Professional
4. Enterprise

based on the aforementioned memberships:

1. Basic used to be 0, now because 0 is unlimited, new value is going to be 1, to allow basic members to create 1 group
2. Standard is going to be 5
3. Professional is going to be 10
4. Enterprise is going to be 20

knowing that the field name is = cb_tpgrouplimit

do I have to one auto action for each membership?

if so, where should I put the field name?

If not, is it a multi condition?

Does onCPayUserStateChange apply to initial registration and upgrades on memberships?

Thank you for your time and help with this Krileon.

1 year 8 months ago #330188 by krileon
If you don't want a basic membership to be able to create groups you should assign a usergroup to your other memberships and adjust the group create access permission accordingly.

If your other memberships are assigning group create limit fine you don't need to use CB Auto Actions. I suspect your other plans are working just fine and your issue was the misunderstanding of create limit of 0.

To test that your other plans are working fine subscribe then in backend edit the user and check their group limit field has the appropriate value set.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 year 8 months ago #330190 by eciudad
No, they are not working.

One user went from Basic membership to Enterprise and the value should have changed by CBSubs from 0 to 20. It is still zero.
Another user went went from Basic to Standard and CBSubs should have changed value from 0 to 1. It was still zero.

The 0 just put a false positive since the number of group kept increase and I did not know why.

I do not mind having the generosity of allowing the basic membership to create 1 group. It is always good to build the membership.

I just want to understand your auto actions recommendation better with some sample. If that is a workaround, I will use it.

I think there is just a new built for CB Paid Subscription, 4.6.1+build.2022.07.26.15.07.22.f5031de6e. Should I wait until this resolved thru a workaround or further testing?

Thank you once again Krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds