Integrating with Google Firebase

1 year 8 months ago #330296 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Integrating with Google Firebase
I have switched to [get_VARIABLE] there is no change. Please see the screenshots.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #330298 by PaceOnline
Is there another way this can be achieved maybe in a chain of auto actions?

1 year 8 months ago #330305 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Integrating with Google Firebase
Please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #330317 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. You had "User" set to "Specific" then you had "User IDs" set to "[post_owner]". There is no POST when accessing via GET so it failed to find the user. That should've fallen back to a user of 0 (guest) though so that seams like a bug that needs fixed.

Next there was an issue in the GJ auto action with Unique set to No and Join set to Yes and the user had already been forced into the group it was returning an error instead of returning the group. That's now also fixed.

Have confirmed it appears to work fine now on your site. Please also check.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330350 by PaceOnline
Thank you. Is there any way we can also specify the icon and canvas images even if we need a batch to do that as well. We also need group update, delete and join auto actions but there seems to be no way we can substitute the group id into the url and call the auto action on the correct group. We have the same problem with sending messages.

Another thing when we create a group, message or connection via the direct url we need to stop firing the auto actions that send new groups etc to firebase to prevent an infinite loop. Is there anyway to do this? We are trying to simply pass the info once between Firebase and CB. I hope this explanation is clear. In simple terms we need to create auto actions by substitution for

1. a new group, updating a group, deleting a group, joining a group and leaving a group.
2. send a new message, reply to a message, update a message and delete a message.

How can we st this up?

1 year 8 months ago #330352 by krileon

Thank you. Is there any way we can also specify the icon and canvas images even if we need a batch to do that as well. We also need group update, delete and join auto actions but there seems to be no way we can substitute the group id into the url and call the auto action on the correct group. We have the same problem with sending messages.

It has no functionality for handling the upload and processing of images from the auto action. You're going to have to use a Code action with Method set to PHP then write the necessary PHP for the rest of your usages. I can implement other operations, but I don't know when they will be available.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9004

Also added a feature ticket to implement support for specifying join/leave groups from substitutions so you can supply the group id via GET.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9005

Will review making similar improvements to other action types like the PMS action.

Another thing when we create a group, message or connection via the direct url we need to stop firing the auto actions that send new groups etc to firebase to prevent an infinite loop. Is there anyway to do this? We are trying to simply pass the info once between Firebase and CB. I hope this explanation is clear. In simple terms we need to create auto actions by substitution for

1. a new group, updating a group, deleting a group, joining a group and leaving a group.
2. send a new message, reply to a message, update a message and delete a message.

I suggest using a Code action then and writing the code yourself. Your usage is far too specific for it to be generalized in the current simple actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn