Integrating with Google Firebase

1 year 9 months ago #330047 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Integrating with Google Firebase
Thank you that worked. We need an event for after comments on group activity is there such an event?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #330048 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Integrating with Google Firebase
Take a look at the "CB Activity - Comment" and similar system actions to get started with that. There isn't a trigger specific to GJ in CB Activity. You will need to do conditions against asset/source to determine if the comment is on group activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330143 by PaceOnline
we are using groupjive autoaction to create groups from Firebase. How do we return the id of the group that is created? We want to return a JSON response with the new groupid so that it can be saved in Firebase.

1 year 8 months ago #330147 by krileon
You can configure a JSON output under the Output tab, but you won't have access to the newly created group from there. There's a feature pending to allow support for that (passing newly created data to substitutions) and will review implementing that now as the other other way is to use a PHP output and write the necessary PHP to get the newly created group object.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8847

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330148 by PaceOnline
Ok thanks I will stay tuned.

1 year 8 months ago #330150 by krileon
Ok, latest CB Auto Actions build release available now supports Action Data. This is data added to substitutions and PHP based rendering from auto actions themselves. In the case of CB GroupJive when creating a new group the new group object will be in the action data. An explanation of substitutions usage (including action data) has been added to the Parameters tab of auto actions. Example of how to use this as follows.

1. Create auto action that creates a GJ group
2. Configure Output to JSON
3. Supply the following as the Layout
return $actiondata['data1'];
4. Set method to PHP

Now run your auto action and it should respond with the JSON structure for that group object. You can use this behavior to completely customize the JSON response to whatever you need.

The new action data feature is supposed in over a dozen action types. Primarily in those that create new objects.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaceOnline

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn