Invisible ReCaptcha returning "Invalid Security Code" on submitted Registration

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #331965 by 3by400Inc
Joomla! -- 3.10.11
CB -- 2.7.4+build.2022.12.07.19.10.12.f06961ef4
CB Subs -- 4.6.1+build.2022.12.07.19.01.29.fbff56452
CB Anti-Spam - 5.0.0+build.2022.10.17.14.49.55.7f6191b41

We have the CB Anti-Spam plugin configured to use Invisible ReCaptcha. We also have the CB Anti-Spam field configured to use Invisible ReCaptcha and appear on Registration.

Invisible ReCaptcha loads on the Registration form without issue and the badge can be seen on the page. It's not until the registration form is submitted that an error is visible, which states "Security: Invalid Captcha Code". That's odd since it wouldn't apply to an Invisible ReCaptcha and there are no other captcha fields in use on the registration form. Also, unpublishing the CB Anti-Spam field resolved the error ... but, of course, it also removes our Invisible ReCaptcha.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #331966 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in my tests. What PHP version are you on?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #331967 by 3by400Inc
PHP 7.4.33

On a couple of tests, probably as a result of my attempting several times, the Invisible ReCaptcha tested my submission with the popup "choose this object" squares, however, the page reloaded and displayed the "invalid captcha code" message before it was possible to make any selections in the popup.

1 year 4 months ago #331968 by krileon
Please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look. Tested Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 and couldn't find any issues with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #331975 by krileon
I was able to register perfectly fine on your site with CB AntiSpam captcha enabled. Are you using a any ad blocker or privacy based browser extensions? It's possible you're accidentally blocking the captcha.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 year 4 months ago #331977 by 3by400Inc
I assume you published the anti-spam field first? No, nothing in the browser blocking it. And, the issue was first reported by our client because his customers were contacting him about being unable to get past the captcha.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.903 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn