Invisible ReCaptcha returning "Invalid Security Code" on submitted Registration

1 year 4 months ago #331978 by krileon

I assume you published the anti-spam field first?

Yes.

No, nothing in the browser blocking it. And, the issue was first reported by our client because his customers were contacting him about being unable to get past the captcha.

What browser are you using? Confirmed working for me using Chrome. Have you tried any of the other captcha modes as well to see if it's CB AntiSpam in general or just reCaptcha failing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #331979 by 3by400Inc
I've been testing in Firefox. It's not working there.

It did work for me in Chrome and Safari.

Perhaps the customers that were having an issue were using Firefox as well, but the question is then, why is it not working in Firefox.

1 year 4 months ago #331980 by krileon
What FireFox version do you have? Are you running latest? If not please update then try and if issue persists will investigate further. Please also try other captcha modes before updating to be sure it's only reCaptcha having this problem. If it's strictly reCaptcha Invisible giving this problem try moving to reCaptcha v3 which is a newer API as could just be an issue with v2 having a bug on FireFox.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #331981 by 3by400Inc
Firefox is up to date - 108.0 (64-bit)

I swapped to ReCaptcha v3 and it also fails in Firefox with the same "Security : Invalid Captcha Code" error.

I then swapped to the internal Question mode. That worked in Firefox.

1 year 4 months ago #331989 by krileon
Was able to confirm reCaptcha failing in FireFox. Not sure this is due to CB AntiSpam though. Will investigate further and have created a bug ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9090

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 year 4 months ago #331991 by krileon
This is now fixed in latest CB AntiSpam build release. Have improved its ability to block form submit as well. Still not sure why on FireFox the token wasn't passing to the hidden input, but am now forcing this in the reCaptcha callback to workaround this. Have confirmed working v2 and v3 in Chrome, FireFox, and Edge.

Please update and let me know if you've any further issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn