CB Gallery question

10 months 1 week ago #334224 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery question
The privacy rule will be in the POST data when an item is saved. Public privacy rules don't save anything to the privacy database. The problem with extracting it from post is the input variable is one way encrypted so it's complicated to extract that from substitutions in CB Auto Actions. If you were using a Code action then you could just go through the POST data yourself and grab it.

I'm sorry. I don't have a solution for you. CB Privacy I guess just isn't compatible with what you're trying to do.

Would it be possible for a user to adapt the language key to its own use ? and how ?
Say that I set CONN_TYPE_1, CONN_TYPE_2, CONN_TYPE_3... some users would like to map to co-workers, friends or relatives and others would like to have Sales, Marketing and Operations for instance.
How could I achieve this ?
That would be great to have a default proposal with an ability for each user to map the names according to its needs.
Can we do this with cb fields ?

Not possible. Connection Types are entirely system defined and not user defined. Once I rewrite the connection system in CB 3.x users will be able to define their own connection types. I'll be exploring what design direction I want to take this, but if you seen Google+ Circles it might be something like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 1 week ago #334226 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Gallery question
I do use a code autoaction but there is something that I don't understand.

When uploading a new file, the trigger gallery_onAfterCreateItem works fine but there is no post data regarding Privacy inputs, only post data with the file.

Then just after a file is uploaded there is the display with the privacy box to choose a privacy setting or to change it.

However, when I choose a new privacy setting then click on finish, the privacy is not updated, it stays to Public.

So how could I get a post data somewhere ?

What do I miss here ?

10 months 1 week ago #334228 by krileon
The initial upload won't have any privacy post data. The privacy rule will be whatever the default is and it should be Public if just using the existing system actions. Subsequent edits and saves of media will have the privacy rule in the post data.

If you need the album privacy rule you should be able to just query for that as that will already exist in the database. If it doesn't and there's no privacy rule in the post data then the privacy rule is public.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #334231 by activha
if I try on you demo cbsites to upload a file/image I get this screenshot, which would be ok because I could get the data when the user clicks on Save or Done

pasteboard.co/VXvnInxyBDuc.png

But on my dev website with the latest builds I get this screen without the buttons, could you tell me why I don't get the delete/save/done buttons ? Maybe I could trigger on these and get all data properly

pasteboard.co/QunrYP4L7jL6.png

Edit : found out that this conflicts with cassiopeia template.min.css which sets h-100, w-100 and other things.
Can you tell me what the css fix would be ?
Then if have access to the save, done buttons, what are the triggers that are available with these ? 

Second edit : OK I see that this is due to bootstrap not being loaded with CB . I thought that Cassiopeia and joomla 4 loaded Bootstrap 5.2 by default. 
I had set all variables in an overrides for Cassiopeia. How can I deal with CB for this ? Do I still need to upload CB Bootstrap 4.5 on all pages ??

10 months 1 week ago #334232 by krileon

Second edit : OK I see that this is due to bootstrap not being loaded with CB . I thought that Cassiopeia and joomla 4 loaded Bootstrap 5.2 by default. 
I had set all variables in an overrides for Cassiopeia. How can I deal with CB for this ? Do I still need to upload CB Bootstrap 4.5 on all pages ??

Joomla 4 uses Bootstrap 5. CB Uses Bootstrap 4. You need to leave CBs Bootstrap on or you'll be missing styling throughout your site. We won't be upgrading Bootstrap as we'll be moving to Tailwind in CB 3.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #334233 by activha
That's an important issue as a lot of styles conflicts between 4 and 5.

Also I have noticed that trying to compile bootstrap in the template changer plugin gives a js error : RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded.

Anyway, as that's an issue with Cassiopeia styles, I'll try to adapt Cassiopeia css to display the upload page correctly with the buttons.

Thanks for all anyway, it works fine by acting on the POST datas to send the permission though I have lots of issues grabbing the data. Could you tell me how I can retrieve the privacy select name on the uploaded item ? The select name seems random :-( , and I need to send the info to a PHP code action.

What would be great also would be to change the save button to Saved once the data has been saved for an item ? an idea how to do this easily ?

EDIT:

Found the bug in the file /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/templates/default/item_container.php line 115, there's a space missing after position-relative, which broke the correct display :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn