CB Gallery question

10 months 5 days ago #334288 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Gallery question
That's a bit more complicated :-)
I use the privacy controls to determine what are the groups allowed to access the IA data. CB privacy is very well suited to have several connection groups for this like sales, marketing, IT, operations etc etc
Then CB Gallery is also very well suited to manage the docs that will be used in the IA.

So Sales will only have access to public and sales docs for IA, marketing to public and marketing docs, etc etc

For now everything works fine in my dev except this single point of not allowing Uploaded files to be edited more than once. 

I was thinking at a single js to deactivate or hide the save button once the ajax request is ok ? is there a specific attribute or id that I could target ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 5 days ago #334290 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery question
There are no plans to ever prevent updates like that. So you'll need to figure out a solution of your own. I do not have any suggestions at this time, sorry. Deactivating the button does not prevent saves server side. As for binding to the save there directly after uploading there's a cbgallery.save.success jQuery event fired on the container of that upload. It would probably be far easier if you use a single yes/no flag for the entirety of the gallery instead of per-media to determine if data should push (e.g. privacy controls on the gallery tab).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 5 days ago #334292 by activha

there's a cbgallery.save.success jQuery event fired on the container of that upload

That's perfect, I'll do with this and let you know of my progress once I have run few more tests :-)
Thanks a lot

9 months 1 week ago #334500 by activha
Just coming back quickly on this cbgallery.save.success

Could you implement a simple success joomla alert box to warn the user that the item has been successfully edited and that he can click on finish ?

9 months 1 week ago #334502 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery question
There's no plans to implement a save confirmation. That's a bit redundant and just makes the user have to click more. It already gives a loader icon, fades a bit, and reloads once complete for visual feedback on the save. Or are you asking if you can add a confirm dialog with that event?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 1 week ago #334503 by activha
That’s the point
People get wrong the visual feedback thinking it failed
That brings multiple clics that I’d like to avoid.
So could you add a language string to display somewhere explaining the saving was ok and that the user can leave the page or go to the next item ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn