CB Gallery question

10 months 1 week ago #334240 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery question

That's an important issue as a lot of styles conflicts between 4 and 5.

CBs Bootstrap is namespaced. They shouldn't conflict outside of styles added to Joomla's template CSS file. We've already implemented workarounds for any Cassiopeia conflicts.

Also I have noticed that trying to compile bootstrap in the template changer plugin gives a js error : RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded.

Seams to be working fine for me. It's possible one of the parameters has an invalid SCSS value. Try creating a new template and see if that one saves.

Thanks for all anyway, it works fine by acting on the POST datas to send the permission though I have lots of issues grabbing the data. Could you tell me how I can retrieve the privacy select name on the uploaded item ? The select name seems random :-( , and I need to send the info to a PHP code action.

As mentioned earlier I do not have an elegant solution for you as the input name is encoded. You'd need to work through the entire POST array and try to extract it via exclusion. I have no other solution to offer right now, sorry. I do not have time to rewrite all this behavior as my focus is on finishing CB Activity.

Found the bug in the file /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/templates/default/item_container.php line 115, there's a space missing after position-relative, which broke the correct display

Confirmed, and have fixed in latest CB Gallery build release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 1 week ago #334241 by krileon
Was able to find a solution. I had already implemented support for static privacy input name for fields. I've extended this functionality to CB Auto Actions. I've then set a static input name for the gallery privacy system actions. The input name is gallery_privacy. This is available now in latest CB Auto Actions release.

So you should be able to access the privacy rule with [post_gallery_privacy]. If using custom auto actions for privacy be sure to adjust the newly available Input parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 1 week ago #334256 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Gallery question
Works perfectly well ! was able to achieve everything thanks a lot :-)

Final minor thing would be to not allow multiple save on the add new item / upload page. That would be fine that the ajax save would return a done or a deactivated save button or a hidden one, so that the file would not be added multiple times to the vector store. Feasible ? ;-)

10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #334271 by krileon

Final minor thing would be to not allow multiple save on the add new item / upload page. That would be fine that the ajax save would return a done or a deactivated save button or a hidden one, so that the file would not be added multiple times to the vector store. Feasible ?

There are no plans to redesign the upload and save process. You'd need to make that change yourself. I'm not sure why it would be adding duplicates to your external system as you should be checking to make sure it hasn't already synchronized otherwise anytime they edit media you'd get a duplicate.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 months 5 days ago #334285 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Gallery question
That's the issue with vectorstores like HNSwlib ! They store points for pdf or text documents and are really good at this, but they fail to delete or update these points easily.

This means that an edit of a CB Gallery document will result in the destruction of all points concerning the document in the vector store, and the addition of new points for the same document with new metadata. It's not possible to edit metadata directly in the HNSwlib vectorstore.

This is a long code and process that I would try to avoid as much as possible

So it's why allowing users to edit permissions only once at upload would make sense. They would have to think about what they need, and don't change three times the permissions or data.

Then of course I have another code to delete/readd to vector store when the CB Gallery is edited, but I'd like to keep this process as exceptional as possible.

Hope you understand

10 months 5 days ago - 10 months 5 days ago #334286 by krileon
Then I suggest just not having privacy for CB Gallery or use a terms and conditions field to explicitly capture consent regarding their data being used in AI/Apps/Search (you probably need to be doing this anyway). Then you can use privacy controls and regardless of privacy settings push the data through anyway. If they didn't consent then don't push their data through.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn