Recurring Payment Option Missing

9 months 3 weeks ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #334398 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Recurring Payment Option Missing

Check the notification for their renewal in CBSubs > Notifications and for any errors during the renewal in CBSubs > History Log. It's hard to say what could have gone wrong as we've massively updated the Stripe gateway since then to their latest APIs and guidelines.

No error messages in notifications or history logs

As for forcing a subscription back into an auto recurring state edit it from CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking the # under the ID column. Next set the following.

Autorenew Type: Mandatory
Autorecurring Type: Autorecurring with notifications
Previous Autorecurring Type: Not autorecurring

You can also reactive it from here as well by setting the following.

Previous Status: Expired

I'll wait to do any of this until you've had a chance to look at the backend.   I'll DM you shortly with the credentials.    Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 months 3 weeks ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #334401 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Recurring Payment Option Missing
There's no IPNs at all within CBSubs > Notifications. Did you not configure Webhooks within your Stripe account? There's only PDTs there. You need webhooks for recurring payments otherwise Stripe won't notify CBSubs that a subscription was renewed. Edit your Stripe payment gateway and review the configuration under "Stripe Webhook Credentials" carefully. Note you only need to have Stripe send the webhooks listed in the Stripe gateway configuration and it's not recommended to send all webhooks.

If webhooks are configured they may not be reaching your site. To verify this login to your Stripe account then under Developers > Webhooks > YOUR_WEBHOOK check the webhook log. We respond to all webhooks with a message to confirm CBSubs received it so it should have a response body of some kind (e.g. "webhook skipped: already processing (idempotency)", "webhook process: success", etc..). These should have a response code of 200.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 3 weeks ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #334407 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Recurring Payment Option Missing
Thanks for deep-diving the issue.

As it turns out you were right about the webhook.   I actually had a webhook from the test site I had built before migrating it to the live site back in 2021 and forgot to update it.

It's no wonder I was running into the Stripe and site syncing.  Makes me wonder how the rest worked!

1. Just so I better understand.  The webhook function is what syncs the user data on the site to Stripe.

2. I should only select the events noted in my backend (shown below) rather than "all events".  Is that correct?   Along those lines, I only see "customer.subscription.deleted" - should this cover me for when memberships renew by recurring payment or do I need to look at other events?

3. Once the webhook is set up properly, will it find the 3 users that were not synced to Stripe or do I still need to manually activate them this year, but come next year it should sync up again?

Thanks!

Attachments:

9 months 3 weeks ago #334408 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Recurring Payment Option Missing

1. Just so I better understand.  The webhook function is what syncs the user data on the site to Stripe.

It's strictly to allow Stripe to let CBSubs know state changes of user subscriptions and payment status. So for example when a subscription renews it will tell CBSubs that it renewed. If a payment is pending then it will tell CBSubs when the payment is successful. It's important, but for single payments 99% of the time you'll be fine and don't need webhooks, but it's still a good idea to configure them.

2. I should only select the events noted in my backend (shown below) rather than "all events".  Is that correct?   Along those lines, I only see "customer.subscription.deleted" - should this cover me for when memberships renew by recurring payment or do I need to look at other events?

Yes, you only need to select the notifications listed in CBSubs Stripe. It won't do any harm to CBSubs if you select all events as we just ignore the ones we don't process, but Stripe would be unnecessarily communicating with your site by doing that.

3. Once the webhook is set up properly, will it find the 3 users that were not synced to Stripe or do I still need to manually activate them this year, but come next year it should sync up again?

If those 3 users are already broken you need to fix their subscriptions as instructed earlier and then yes renewals should work fine.

As for webhook version yes you can use the latest version. We have versioned API AND versioned Webhook support so we're backwards/forwards compatible. A LOT of work has gone into making Stripe our most robust gateway to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

9 months 3 weeks ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #334410 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic [SOLVED] Recurring Payment Option Missing
Fantastic!  Thanks for the additional clarification, Kyle.

A LOT of work has gone into making Stripe our most robust gateway to date.

I can definitely see that compared to other solutions out there.    Happy to see it evolve the way it has!  CBSubs rocks!  Highly configurable and a solid solution!

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn