[SOLVED] Connection Request Java Drop-down Btn

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #165511 by RoyB
Hello Guys (and Girls?)

I am posting this to the Forum since I am to be honest flummoxed and it is also quite urgent. I do appreciate how much you guys work with little or no acknowledgment of your efforts so if you could help me it would be great.

Problem: I am doing an international Site with five languages evropahayer.eu.
If I go to another user's Profile and wish to make a connection/contact request using the drop down java menus then the blue connection request block pops up. This works great in every language - except Armenian!!, of course. The drop down and hover over colour-change all works but when I click on Contact/Connection Request nothing happens. At first I thought it might be due to the fact that the long Armenian words break the frame somehow and so I replaced the armenian with a short english word, but it didn't help. Do you have any idea where I should look? It just seems strange that it only happens with one language, but unfortunately Armenian is the most important language.

I created a username for you guys, so you can have a look. Name: cbtestuser Password: testuser1

Check it out in English (it works) and then change the language to Armenian (it doesn't). I am running CB 1.4 on Joomla 1.5.22 Stable and PHP 5.2.17

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #165522 by krileon
Reviewing error console there appears to be a fatal error present. Please check your language strings within your CB language plugin and ensure you do not have any un-escaped characters. Please see below example.

Incorrect:
'Request connections' => 'Request connection's',

Correct:
'Request connections' => 'Request connection\'s',

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #165591 by RoyB
Hi Kyle,

First of all, thank you for the extremely quick response. My own took a while longer because I was forced to wait till pretty early in the morning when there are fewer online to swap out the language.php file with a working one. You are correct that the language.php file is the problem. This isn't really new to me since when I first introduced it to the site I had a couple of fatal errors due to non escaped single quotes (the Armenian language has lots of single quotes unfortunately).

I have now spent a couple of hours going through the file and I can't find the problem. Specifically the language texts that appear with the blue box seem to be ok.

Are there any other similar syntax problems that could be causing this?

Another question, you mentioned that the error console was giving a fatal error. Hope I am not going to be embarrassed but, which console?

12 years 10 months ago #165594 by RoyB
OK, I'm missing something here. With syntax highlighting it is generally easy to spot a non-escaped quote but I can't find it. If I replace the file with a working language.php file then it works, so it must be the file. I'm adding the file to this post, maybe someone can spot something? Thanks once again for any efforts on your part.

Roy
Attachments:

12 years 10 months ago #165608 by nant

12 years 10 months ago #165610 by RoyB
The language is Armenian. hy-AM

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn