Unable to make updates to existing CBsub plans

12 years 9 months ago #170524 by krileon
Was this reproduced on a fresh install as instructed earlier? The fresh install should be in a sub domain or sub folder, it's not meant to replace your existing install and is purely for testing purposes. Downgrading and working again could indicate a version specific conflict or it could be an actual bug, but we need a "predictable" environment to determine this. Please also review your server error log at time of trying to save a plan for any errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #170537 by webviper
I did a restore from a backup. The problem occurred only after upgrading the restored backup.

So next I tried backing-up the environment with the problem and restore it ... the problem is also gone.

12 years 9 months ago #170550 by krileon
This is not what was requested, please again create a fresh install so this can be confirmed on an environment cleaned of all your changes and 3rd party extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #170733 by webviper
I'v create a new "clean" joomla 1.5.23 environment. Installed akeeba and CB1.4 + CBsub1.1.2.
Next step is to populate it with the same plans as the life system and then do an upgrade to the latest version of CBSubs, to see if the same issue occurs?

Is there a way to save the configuration (subscriptions and plans) already made in the live system and restore these in the test environment? Or is the only way to create them manually.

12 years 9 months ago #170771 by krileon

Is there a way to save the configuration (subscriptions and plans) already made in the live system and restore these in the test environment? Or is the only way to create them manually.

Yes, simply database export and re-import the _cbsubs tables to your new installation. Once done run the below query to purge its data for a clean install with existing configuration intact.
TRUNCATE `jos_cbsubs_donations`;
TRUNCATE `jos_cbsubs_history`;
TRUNCATE `jos_cbsubs_merchandises`;
TRUNCATE `jos_cbsubs_notifications`;
TRUNCATE `jos_cbsubs_payments`;
TRUNCATE `jos_cbsubs_payment_baskets`;
TRUNCATE `jos_cbsubs_payment_items`;
TRUNCATE `jos_cbsubs_payment_totalizers`;
TRUNCATE `jos_cbsubs_promotions_uses`;
TRUNCATE `jos_cbsubs_subscriptions`;

Please ensure you've a backup before performing any of this or ensure it's being performed on a test install only. Replace jos_ in the above query with your actual database prefix if it differs from the default.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 8 months ago #173263 by webviper
Sorry for my late response.

The issue is NOT caused by the upgrade. But I still haven't found the cause of it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn