[#2701] changing password causes lockout

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #171435 by lemaudit
If a member changes their password in CB (after cllicking on "forgot login" for example) they are locked out of the site. neither the password they were sent nor the new password they entered will allow them to access the site.

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
and subs 1.2.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #171542 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: changing password causes lockout
Please switch to default Joomla template then enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once done test the password change again and review any on-screen errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #171581 by lemaudit
Replied by lemaudit on topic Re: changing password causes lockout
you're seriously suggesting that I change the template and switch to debug mode on a live site?

Here's what changed between the time it worked and it didn't. SUBS was upgraded to 1.2.2 and CB was upgraded to 1.7 .... that's it. everything worked before. Now I'm getting emails from people who say they can't login to the site.

12 years 9 months ago #171584 by lemaudit
also, I receive notification when members update their profile from the incubator plugin, Here's what is sent (below) note the UN encrypted new password:

Profile for [name removed] has been updated - see changes below:
Date/time: 2011-08-02 04:08:59
Entity: password
Old Value: 8da5b0e731a6b238e2da4d9f12f5ecbe:9jKYhgDFsNWrMLldYpMNgtJupMyLn8xP
New Value: qwerty

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #171664 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: changing password causes lockout
We're currently investigating the plaintext password issues. Please re-install previous CBSubs version you have installed. I believe this is a bug in CBSubs or one of its integrations.

The change log you're seeing with the incubator project is accurate as the current password is encrypted and can't be reversed. You're then seeing the new value, which is temporarily plaintext at time of profile update (IF password is changed).

Please note CBSubs 1.2.2 has a "install fix" for plaintext passwords. Re-installing 1.2.2 will encrypt any plaintext passwords stored accidentally.

The issue has been confirmed to be the cause of latest SQL Actions integration, please unpublish the integration and test if issue still present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #171676 by lemaudit
So, should I go back to 120 then. 121 doesn't send out the confirmation email .... then was fixed in 1.2.1, and now 122 has fixed that issue but the password issue exists.

So I guess my question is: when you say re-install previous CBSubs ... can I install old versions over newer ones, or so I have to uninstall everything and reinstall?

also, the SQL Actions integration is not installed, so yes the issue persists

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn