[#2701] changing password causes lockout

12 years 9 months ago #171700 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: changing password causes lockout

So, should I go back to 120 then. 121 doesn't send out the confirmation email .... then was fixed in 1.2.1, and now 122 has fixed that issue but the password issue exists.

If necessary, yes, we're looking to prepare a new release within a few days to try address the found issues.

So I guess my question is: when you say re-install previous CBSubs ... can I install old versions over newer ones, or so I have to uninstall everything and reinstall?

Installing an older version will not result in lost data, do not uninstall, simply install overtop of existing.

also, the SQL Actions integration is not installed, so yes the issue persists

Interesting, please PM backend login credentials so we may take a look. Was nothing else updated in the mean time? Other CB plugins perhaps?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #171717 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: changing password causes lockout
Please clone the cbsubs 1.2.2 site before installing over cbsubs 1.2.0.

I have looked into possible causes, as we can't reproduce the issue, and apart of the SQL integrations plugin only scenario which might under specific circumstances still lead to this is though promotions plugin with the use of gift-cards without any payment associated.

We really need to be able to investigate and reproduce as it's a high-priority item to be fixed in next release.

Thank you for your help in finding quickly this.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 9 months ago #171758 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation and I can not duplicate your issue. I've created a new user from backend. Then logged in successfully on frontend. Once done I logged out and used the Forgot Login feature for "Lost Password". I was promptly emailed my new generated password and logged in successfully using it. Please provide your exact steps to duplicate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #171811 by lemaudit
Replied by lemaudit on topic Re: changing password causes lockout
You missed a step :-)
Let's say you want to change the password to something more memorable.
Login and change your password in the edit profile section. Now log out and try to login again.

when I do that neither logins work and I receive the following email about the profile:
Profile for [username] has been updated - see changes below:
Date/time: 2011-08-04 09:08:50
Entity: password
Old Value: 93848fdabb7f86ca45e8c62af0d3adb7:LIG0VYhTuPXMJg2xg99QcfpdHk0VSRRp
New Value: qwerty

I've been leaving the password as "read only" but set it to "no" for you to experiment.

thanks

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #171815 by krileon
I see, thanks for clarification. Unfortunately I still could not duplicate your issue. Below are the steps I've taken.
  1. Create user from User Management
  2. Login on Frontend
  3. Logout
  4. Generate new password with "Forgot Login?"
  5. Login with new password
  6. Change password from profile edit
  7. Logout
  8. Login with new password I specified

Unsure how or why you're experiencing otherwise, but unfortunately I can not duplicate the issue you're experiencing on your own installation. I changed the password twice and both times it functioned fine.

If possible please find a common link between all the users experiencing this. Such as specific subscription to a plan, certain fields completed, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 9 months ago #171859 by lemaudit
Replied by lemaudit on topic Re: changing password causes lockout
it seems to be an issue with upper registrations like "Author" - which some of the SUBS plans default to. here's what I did:
tested all the plans like attorney (author), homeowner(registered), and Prof Services (author).
tried to reset password .... only homeowner worked.
dropped attorney and Prof. Services to "registered" and they worked okay too. Once I assigned "author" to attorney and prof services I could not reset password from front end.
So anyone with "Author" cannot reset their password. What's also strange it the the text version of the password is emailed from the profile log plugin.

hope that makes sense.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn