Away for a while, Facebook & Twitter questions

12 years 5 months ago #181480 by krileon

3. user is redirected back to site

User never leaves your site. Please test CB Connect or the individual connect plugins thoroughly to understand how they work.

5. user selects a Free plan, fills in the required fields and clicks "register"

There's no fields to fill in. They'll only be presented with a plan page to select their plan.

6. assuming all their data is correct the user is registered and a success message or redirected landing page is displayed.

After selecting their plan they'll need to click FBC button again and it'll log them in properly.

1. I am still a little unclear on what fields are displayed during the step that the user must select a plan to continue, can I have custom fields displayed either using CB or cbsubs?

None are displayed.

2. Will this process work only for NEW users? What about existing users who want to connect through Facebook?

They first login through login module as normal then click the "Link" button to link the two accounts together and they can then use either/or to login to the site. It will not synchronize any fields over as field mapping applies to new registrations only.

3. Does this support Twitter connecting in the same fashion?

Yes.

Please review the below CB Connect information page which details everything that CB Connect provides. As you're a professional subscriber it would do no harm to actually just try it for your self so you may experience it firsthand.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/cb-connect

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn