Crash Joomla when user join group

12 years 5 months ago #181600 by clenabat
Replied by clenabat on topic Re: Crash Joomla when user join group
But how can you know that it comes from the language then ?
Which file did you open that is obviously corrupted with special characters ?

Thanks a lot

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181602 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Crash Joomla when user join group
As stated in my earlier reply switching your site to English resolved it. The problem is likely an unescaped quote in your language plugin. It also doesn't seam to be valid UTF8.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #181603 by clenabat
I can not pass the module in English.
English is not the only language and most widespread in the world unfortunately.

What are the names and locations of files in English? I could deduce the name and the location of the french.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181606 by clenabat
This is just a guess. What is the file that you open with NetBeans ?

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181609 by clenabat
That's hard to realize that translation can cause a random crash with special characters without traces in Joomla debug console.

12 years 5 months ago #181610 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Crash Joomla when user join group
I did not create your language plugin. I can not help you any further. You need to debug your language files for the problem as again it's probably an unescaped quote. Language plugins can be found at the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/

You may want to check the GJ language projects below. If one of them is giving problems then please contact their author.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-gj

clenabat wrote: I find it hard to realize that random translation can cause a crash with special characters without traces Joomla.

Please just test it and you'll see for your self. Yes, bad language plugins can do this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn