[#3734] Member expired after renewal

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212295 by apdt
We have several members having the same issue after they renew subscriptions using PayPal. What happened was their membership expired, then the members logged in and reactivate their membership. However, CBSubs didn't update the expiry date to the following year (or rather, update it to the current expiry date). This cause CBSubs to immediately changed the membership status as 'Expired' again and the members receive the expiry email.

This has happened few times and we received complaints from our members. I'm attaching the screenshot of the log.

Can you help to find out why? If you need to log in to the backend, I will PM you the username/password.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #212359 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Member expired after renewal
Sounds like IPN never was received and PDT probably misconfigured (not returning parameters or wrong URL). Please review your PayPal account configuration and ensure you're receiving IPNs properly within CBSubs > Notifications. If IPNs aren't working and PDT failed (user browsed away, closed browser, etc..) then CB would never know a purchase was made.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #212446 by apdt
Replied by apdt on topic Re: Member expired after renewal
If IPN/PDT is misconfigured, then the issue will happen for all PayPal renewals and not just some of them. If PDT failed for the reason you mentioned (user closed browser, etc), is there some kind of error logged in CBSubs?

Which table holds the raw IPN data? I couldn't find it yesterday, probably missed it because I know CBSubs keeps record of raw IPN.

11 years 7 months ago #212474 by krileon

If IPN/PDT is misconfigured, then the issue will happen for all PayPal renewals and not just some of them.

If IPN isn't configured properly and you're only using PDT then it's possible only some users are returning to your site, which is how CBSubs would know the purchase completed. You need to review CBSubs > Notifications and ensure you're receiving PayPal IPNs properly.

If PDT failed for the reason you mentioned (user closed browser, etc), is there some kind of error logged in CBSubs?

No, they never went back to the site so CBSubs never received any information in regards to the transaction. This assumes IPN isn't working properly.

Which table holds the raw IPN data? I couldn't find it yesterday, probably missed it because I know CBSubs keeps record of raw IPN.

You don't need to go to the database table. Just go to CBSubs > Notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212540 by apdt
Replied by apdt on topic Re: Member expired after renewal

krileon wrote: If IPN isn't configured properly and you're only using PDT then it's possible only some users are returning to your site, which is how CBSubs would know the purchase completed. You need to review CBSubs > Notifications and ensure you're receiving PayPal IPNs properly.

What's the indicator that IPN is not received? I checked notifications for this member and column 'Username' and 'Full name' are empty while the rest of the columns are ok. The raw data has variable $_GET missing (compared to other PayPal notification records). Does it mean CBSubs sent toe correct data to PayPal but somehow PayPal didn't return the userID?

I'll also double check PayPal settings again.

UPDATE:
I checked notifications for PayPal gateway and found that some members have both IPN (Log type = IPN, Verification = VERIFIED) and PDT (Log type = PDT, Verification = SUCCESS) records while some others only have IPN records.

11 years 6 months ago #212550 by krileon
PDT is when the user returns to the site. IPN is when PayPal sends a POST to the site with the payment information. Are the ones not working right missing a PDT?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn