[#3734] Member expired after renewal

11 years 6 months ago #212668 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Member expired after renewal

If I set the timezone to UTC, wouldn't it make the registration, payment, etc date & time incorrect as my timezone is UTC+11? I had problem with inconsistent time between Joomla & CBSubs before as I posted here

Having timezone set to UTC will just ensure all displays and internal usages are UTC. You maybe able to simply edit your user and set a timezone for your specific user and it not affect this, but I can't be sure.

Has bug #2921 been fixed in the CBSubs 2.0.2?

No, it's set to be fixed in CBSubs 2.1.0 which is scheduled for after CB 2.0 where we'll properly use UTC throughout. UTC should always be used for DB storage and offset only applied on display. Due to Joomla wonkiness several Joomla releases alter date function behavior so we'll basically need our own date function replacement to avoid this (sort of due, but it's buggy atm).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #212705 by apdt
Replied by apdt on topic Re: Member expired after renewal
Just to confirm, should I change "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows:" setting or timezone setting or both?

So you are saying that setting Joomla config to UTC and then set all users to use UTC+11 may fix the problem? Is there any way to automatically set users to use UTC+11 when they register?

Could you explain more why timezone is causing this problem? I mean, if the renewal happens around the bonus period cut off (members who renew after April 1 this year will have membership until 30 Jun next year) then timezone may affect the expiry date calculation. However, this is not the case so I'm not sure how exactly it affects the expiry? Just trying to understand more as I have to explain this to my client.

11 years 6 months ago #212741 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Member expired after renewal

Just to confirm, should I change "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows:"

You can leave this as is. You need only to change the timezone to UTC. Please keep in mind you'll still need to manually fix those already broken.

So you are saying that setting Joomla config to UTC and then set all users to use UTC+11 may fix the problem?

Don't think you need to set the individual users, but just the global configuration setting.

Is there any way to automatically set users to use UTC+11 when they register?

They automatically are set to the default, which is whatever global configuration is set to.

Could you explain more why timezone is causing this problem?

Offset is being applied, when it shouldn't, to the renewal calculations and causes it to use the incorrect dates. Setting it to UTC ensures it is calculating off UTC (like it should be).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.754 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn