Group field in userlist search...

1 year 3 months ago #332172 by liaskas
Group field in userlist search... was created by liaskas
Hello and best wishes for a happy new year.

we have a group field that consists of 3 fields. (field A, field B and field C)

User creates group fields and they appear in a Tab of his profile.

From what i see in the database, all the values of field A, field B and field C are stored as rows in the group field.

The question is... how can we search the group fields?

Field A, field B and field C do not have any values stored.

Example:

We have a users list that shows the members of our site that have created at least one group field in their profile.

How can we search the group field rows for a value that was entered in field A or B or C?

If it is not possible, is there any workarround maybe an auto action) so that the values of the group field row are also stored in their corresponding fields (A, B, C) so that they can be searchable?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #332174 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group field in userlist search...
Set your field group field to be searchable and ensure the fields displayed in it are set to be searchable. You should then be able to search it on a userlist just fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #332200 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Group field in userlist search...

Set your field group field to be searchable and ensure the fields displayed in it are set to be searchable. You should then be able to search it on a userlist just fine.

Thank you for your reply Krileon.
Followed your instructions above, deleted the fields and recreated them several times but no...

Right now i have...

Group field (searchable) that contains one radio field (also searchable) with 2 options.

Group fields are created fine from users.

When we are in the users list search we see the following (normal):

When we select No preference, we get the full list, it has no problem.

When we select any of the other 2 options, we get...

Please help...

Thank you.
Attachments:

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #332207 by krileon
The search inputs are displaying correctly for a field group. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then try to search again and see if any further information is output with the error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #332211 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Group field in userlist search...
This is what comes with the error...

Attachments:

1 year 3 months ago #332213 by krileon
Strange, does this only happen when searching a field group field? Does searching other fields cause this (e.g. try a userlist where this field is not on it)? I don't see any issues in those lines of code. We're calling Joomla's own database API so I don't see how it could be executing out of order.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.470 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn