Cannot edit user from backend...

1 year 2 months ago #332369 by hmpress
Cannot edit user from backend... was created by hmpress
After migrating the data from a Joomla 3 installation of Community Builder into a Joomla 4 installation of Community Builder I am experiencing some strange anomalies.

When attempting to open/edit a user record from the backend I get this error - 0 readdir(): Argument #1 ($dir_handle) must be of type resource or null, bool given.

System Information
PHP Built On Linux 
Database Type - mysql
Database Version - 10.3.37-MariaDB
Database Collation - utf8mb4_general_ci
Database Connection - Collationutf8mb4_general_ci
Database Connection Encryption - None
Database Server Supports Connection Encryption - No
PHP Version - 8.1.13
Web Server - Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface - cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version - Joomla! 4.2.6 Stable [ Uaminifu ] 13-December-2022 15:00 GMT

Can you give me some guidance as to how to correct the problem(s)?
Linda Wright

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332388 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot edit user from backend...
Migrate data? You mean you moved data via database or did you simply upgraded a Joomla 3 install to a Joomla 4?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #332392 by hmpress
Replied by hmpress on topic Cannot edit user from backend...
I migrated the data from the Joomla 3 database to the new Joomla 4 database using SP Transfer.

1 year 2 months ago #332393 by krileon
Then I've no clue if that data was migrated properly or not as we're not the developers of SP Transfer. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry and provide the full callstack of the error so we can see where it's coming from.

Ideally when doing a migration from existing install to fresh it's best to make sure they're both on the same versions. So for example the below would be my process.

1. Backup Joomla 3 install
2. Backup Joomla 4 install
3. Make a clone of Joomla 3 install
4. Update CB and all its plugins on Joomla 3 clone
5. Update Joomla 3 clone to Joomla 4
6. Manually move database data from Joomla 3 clone (now on Joomla 4) to fresh Joomla 4

That should give you a safely migrated database of data, but database data migrations requiring moving a lot of things to ensure users transfer over. Joomla users for example are stored in _users and have associated usergroups mapped to them, etc.. that also need to be moved or they lose their usergroups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #332405 by hmpress
Replied by hmpress on topic Cannot edit user from backend...
I have done this many times with no issues. The View Profile menu item works well but the Edit Profile menu item does not. Here is the info after selecting a user to edit.

An error has occurred.

0 readdir(): Argument #1 ($dir_handle) must be of type resource or null, bool given

Call stack#FunctionLocation1()JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/library/Field/ImageField.php:13482readdir()JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/library/Field/ImageField.php:13483CB\Plugin\Core\Field\ImageField->displayImagesGallery()JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/library/Field/ImageField.php:12094CB\Plugin\Core\Field\ImageField->_htmlEditForm()JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/library/Field/ImageField.php:1335CB\Plugin\Core\Field\ImageField->getField()JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbFieldHandler.php:1016cbFieldHandler->getFieldRow()JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php:8807cbPluginHandler->call()JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php:10768cbPluginHandler->callField()JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbTabs.php:15799cbTabs->_getSingleFieldContent()JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbTabs.php:149410cbTabs->_getFieldsContents()JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbTabs.php:125611cbTabs->_getEditTabContents()JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbTabs.php:88112cbTabs->getEditTabs()JROOT/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/view/view.user.php:4713CBView_user->edituser()JROOT/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.user.php:11414CBController_user->editUser()JROOT/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php:26715require()JROOT/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:1416require_once()JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:7117Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:7318Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:35519Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:14320Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:18621Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:29422Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:6123require_once()JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #332409 by krileon
reddir is failing. Either the following directories don't exist or are not writable.

/images/comprofiler/gallery/canvas
/images/comprofiler/gallery

If you supplied a custom gallery directory path in your image field then you need to check that that path exists and is writable. Edit your image fields to find out what gallery path was supplied.

The most likely culprit is you migrated data only and didn't migrate the files. So you need to migrate the following folder to your new Joomla install as well.

/images/comprofiler

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn