GJ Group Messages

1 month 4 weeks ago #337353 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ Group Messages
Comments on articles to notify who exactly? The article author? You can of course bypass the notification trigger for all notifications since CB Activity notifications themselves are just using triggers too.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago #337354 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic GJ Group Messages
Yes to notify the article author. And then to notify the commentor of replies.

Own Your Own Community!

1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #337362 by krileon
Ok, so the trigger does work and it is the grouping logic that's preventing it from sending further emails. I suspect it's only sending the email the first time someone comments. So User A comments and email sends. User A comments again and email does not send. The reason it's doing this is because there's nothing to store. As far as the notification logic is concerned they've already been notified about that users comment. Is that what's happening?

If that's the case then you might need to just send the email earlier. Instead of waiting for the notification to store in CB Activity just fire off the email immediately. You can do this by simply changing the trigger.

TO: activity_onBeforeNotificationEntityStore

The before trigger is fired before any of the notification store processing is done so it should trigger every single time a comment notification is made. You risk this being pretty spammy though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 4 weeks ago #337363 by AlanJones
I did test for that and it's not what's happening. The way I tested was creating a further 2 new test users and then commenting with one of them and liking with the other.
The notification logs but no mail is sent.
The trigger is already activity_onAfterNotificationEntityStore
I've not tried the "before" trigger on any of my sites...
It's a real puzzle.

Own Your Own Community!

1 month 4 weeks ago #337365 by krileon
Sorry, I meant to say.

TO: activity_onBeforeNotificationEntityStore

Give activity_onBeforeNotificationEntityStore a try. That would at least ignore all the grouping logic.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 month 4 weeks ago #337366 by AlanJones
It's also not sending any mail, but I noticed also it is logging the notifications but only displaying them (in the globe icon) for super user.
Maybe it is a grouping issue?

Own Your Own Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds