GJ Group Messages

2 months 1 week ago #337438 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ Group Messages
Auto Action debug output is sent to Joomla's message queue so it should be visible usually on the page the trigger was processed or the resulting page if it's during a redirect.

First navigate to System > Manage > Plugins > "Content - CB Activity" then the "Comments" tab and be sure "Stream" is set to "Articles". Your issue could possibly be caused by the wrong stream being used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #337439 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic GJ Group Messages
Yes I made that change some time ago - I also have the following in "include context": com_content.category,com_content.article, and I have a category excluded.

Own Your Own Community!

2 months 1 week ago #337441 by krileon
I'm out of ideas without taking a look. Please PM backend super user login credentials and will review your install. Will review both article comment notifications issue and GJ avatar logos issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 week ago #337442 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic GJ Group Messages
Will do, thanks! Not sure what the GJ Avatar issue is? I'm not using GJ on this site yet, but I plan to in the future. This site is just using article comments.
It's going to be a tough one, because there isn't a way for you to test emails actually being sent - but I'm pretty sure I've done something silly and I have confidence you'll find it :)

Own Your Own Community!

2 months 1 week ago #337443 by krileon

Will do, thanks! Not sure what the GJ Avatar issue is? I'm not using GJ on this site yet, but I plan to in the future. This site is just using article comments.

Sorry, that was a separate topics issue, lol. It's Friday and I'm very exhausted from this week. 🤣

It's going to be a tough one, because there isn't a way for you to test emails actually being sent - but I'm pretty sure I've done something silly and I have confidence you'll find it

I can change the email address on a test account temporarily to see if the email is delivered. First is to make sure the CB Activity notification is even logging properly though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanJones

2 months 1 week ago #337444 by krileon
Ok, have reviewed your install. First issue is the email was always failing. This is due to the "Attachment" parameter containing and invalid value. Second issue was some API response problems in the notification object. I've emptied the "Attachment" parameter for your auto action and fixed the API issue. I've confirmed that CB Activity notifications themselves are logging fine and the email is also sending fine using a test account (which I cleaned up once done testing).

A new CB Activity build release with the fixes will be available later today. I however have already patched your install. Please let me know if you're still having problems as I have another possible way of sending the email that was just implemented as well, but you should be good to go as I did test it working fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds