GJ Group Messages

2 months 1 week ago #337367 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ Group Messages
What did you set the notification Recipients parameter to in CB Activity > Parameters > Notifications > Article? It should be set to Article Owner to notify the article owner of comments on their articles. Sounds like it was set to Moderators?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #337368 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic GJ Group Messages
Yes it's set to article owner. And comments are set to activity owner

Own Your Own Community!
Attachments:

2 months 1 week ago #337369 by AlanJones
There actually isn't a recipient setting in  CB Activity > Parameters > Notifications > Article> Comments.

Own Your Own Community!

2 months 1 week ago #337373 by krileon
Those are the relevant parameters. It's just a bug with their label being Mention. Will retest that notification to make sure article owner is working as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanJones

2 months 1 week ago #337386 by krileon
Have re-tested the article comment notification and seams to work perfectly fine in my tests so I'm not sure what more to suggest.

Are you using a custom comment stream for article comments or are you using the one that was included in CB Activity? If you're using a custom stream and it doesn't have an asset of "article.[article_id]" then that notification will not work.

The way it should work is User A is the owner of the article. User B comments. User A is notified of the comment from User B. User C then comments. The grouping logic kicks in and merges the 2 notifications. User A is notified of the comment and it will state it's from User C and User B. That will only happen if the 2 comments are within 15 minutes of one another otherwise it will just create a new notification row for User C and aggregate them on display. Now if User B comments again it does not create a new notification. It simply updates the existing with a new date.

I'm out of ideas here other than implementing your own email directly off the comment trigger. Example as follows.

Global
Triggers: activity_onAfterCommentStreamCreate
Type: Email
User: Specific
User IDs: [var2_created_by]
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var3_parent_id]
Operator: Equal To
Value: 0
Condition 2
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var3_asset]
Operator: Is REGEX
Value:
/^article\.\d+$/

I've confirmed the above does work to email the article owner on comment.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 months 1 week ago #337430 by AlanJones
I switched on the autoaction's debug. Where would I find the reporting for that?

Own Your Own Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds