Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error

6 years 5 months ago #299102 by webaholic
Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error was created by webaholic
hi!
everything was working fine, I was starting to fall in love with my new addons (cb_conditionnals and cb_autoAction) ... until I got this error "Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error". So, when I unpublish the plugin "cb_conditionnals" my list of user'page is displayed ( visible in fronted) and as soon as I publish it, again the error !

thx for ur help;

So.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #299116 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error
CB Conditional doesn't work with JSON. You're probably hitting the below issue.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/237639-solved-increasing-backslashes-in-param-s-field-from-joomla-users-table#298406

Solutions linked to in the above topic.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #299122 by webaholic
Replied by webaholic on topic Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error
By testing various parameters of the plugin, I changed the access level of the plugin to "Registered" by default it was "public" and the error is gone.
it suits me because I did not understand the solution to which you send me above :S :blush: :blink:

6 years 5 months ago #299130 by krileon
You're just stopping the plugin from even loading unless a user is logged in. Means public users viewing a profile or using registration won't see the conditions working. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration to ensure errors are outputting and see if anything is failing as your error isn't specific enough to know what's going wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #299146 by webaholic
Replied by webaholic on topic Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error
Hi Krileon and many thx for ur reply,

everything works fine since I changed the "access level" parameter.
After reading your answer, i wanted to look a little more...ans i found a bug with a single member (administrator + registered),
even if there are several other members with these same rights, it's the only one that has this bug ( " Error decoding JSON data: Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded" ).

So, I activate joomla error reports (max) and I have only one Notice "Notice: Constant K2_JVERSION already defined in /home/geaufrcujy/www/plugins/system/k2/k2.php on line 23"

and when I try to open the registration of the member concerned, I have a table that appears in the report (attachment):
Attachments:

6 years 5 months ago #299165 by krileon
Your issue is same as the below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/237639-solved-increasing-backslashes-in-param-s-field-from-joomla-users-table#298406

Review the topic and the topics linked in it carefully for a fix. Specifically the below topic details a fix.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/236528-0-error-decoding-json-data-syntax-error#293524

Next ensure the params field within CB > Field Management is set to display on profile edit as it works around this Joomla issue (Joomla encodes user params over and over even if already a json string).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn