[SOLVED] Increasing backslashes in "param"s field from joomla "users" table

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #298404 by agaudin
Hi there,

I'm using CB for a while without difficulties. But I am now encountering a new problem :

- each time I'm editing (saving) a profile in CB / users management, the "params" field in joomla "_users" table of the corresponding user get exponentially increasing backslashes, leading to a too much heavy profile that breaks it

- looking directly through phpMyAdmin :
---- I tested a profile editing in the classical Joomla user management component : no problem at all
---- I tested a profile editing ine CB users management : one then severak thezn douzains then hundreds backslashes appear, each time I click on "save" button

This happens both frontend and backend editings.
Sample below :

*************__users/params form profile before bug
{"admin_style":"","admin_language":"","language":"","editor":"","helpsite":"","timezone":""}

*************after one "save" button click
{"admin_style":"","admin_language":"","language":"","editor":"","helpsite":"","timezone":"","0":"{\"admin_style\":\"\",\"admin_language\":\"\",\"language\":\"\",\"editor\":\"\",\"helpsite\":\"\",\"timezone\":\"\"}"}

*************second click
{"admin_style":"","admin_language":"","language":"","editor":"","helpsite":"","timezone":"","0":"{\"admin_style\":\"\",\"admin_language\":\"\",\"language\":\"\",\"editor\":\"\",\"helpsite\":\"\",\"timezone\":\"\",\"0\":\"{\\\"admin_style\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"admin_language\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"language\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"editor\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"helpsite\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"timezone\\\":\\\"\\\"}\"}"}

*************third click
{"admin_style":"","admin_language":"","language":"","editor":"","helpsite":"","timezone":"","0":"{\"admin_style\":\"\",\"admin_language\":\"\",\"language\":\"\",\"editor\":\"\",\"helpsite\":\"\",\"timezone\":\"\",\"0\":\"{\\\"admin_style\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"admin_language\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"language\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"editor\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"helpsite\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"timezone\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"0\\\":\\\"{\\\\\\\"admin_style\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\",\\\\\\\"admin_language\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\",\\\\\\\"language\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\",\\\\\\\"editor\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\",\\\\\\\"helpsite\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\",\\\\\\\"timezone\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\"}\\\"}\"}"}

And so on....

Any idea ?
Thanx a lot by advance - managing a 1200 members group - cannot imaging to remove backslashes once a week...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298406 by krileon
You're missing CBs workaround to a Joomla issue. Ensure the params field is accessible. It needs to be on a published tab and needs to be available in user edit. We need to move our workaround from the params field storage behavior to the CB user object store before you'll be able to completely remove the params field from display. Joomla doesn't check if params are already a JSON string so unless CB converts it to an array before storage Joomla just keeps JSON encoding it on every store.

See the below topics on how to reset the params columns to fix them.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/147-potential-bug/236745-6659-wrong-params-value-after-frontend-profile-editing?start=6#296427

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/236528-0-error-decoding-json-data-syntax-error#293524

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298408 by agaudin
Lovely - it did the job. Fantastic answer (solving problem, and clear explanations). Thanx a lot for your pro servicing.
(mark "solved" in the topic's tittle).
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn