[#6659] Wrong params value after frontend profile editing

6 years 10 months ago #294546 by Car0l
I tried following your advice but after two frontend edit, here is what my field looks like : {"0":"{\"0\":\"{}\"}"}

I then tried also removing the read-only and that way it seems to be working but that means I am forced to allow user to choose params if I want the website to work correctly.

So even if it fixes the issue, it seems to me it's not a normal behaviour or if it is there should not be a switch to allow or disallow user params in CB settings and the field display options should not be editable in fields parameters.

Well, anyway, I did hide those fields via CSS instead of field settings and this way it fixes the issue for me in a manner that suits my needs.

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #294554 by krileon
Leave the field accessible then edit the params field and under Parameters tab select everything in "Hide Parameters" and see if that solves the storage issue in addition to hiding those parameters. This has given me a good place to start looking though to track down this bug as it looks like it happens when params field is not accessible.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6659

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294569 by Car0l
Sorry for the late answer.

I tried hiding the params this way but it does not work either. Here is the new value of the field after two frontend edit with this configuration :

{"language":"","editor":"","timezone":"Europe\/Zurich","0":"{\"language\":\"\",\"editor\":\"\",\"timezone\":\"Europe\\\/Zurich\",\"0\":\"{\\\"language\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"editor\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"timezone\\\":\\\"Europe\\\\\\\/Zurich\\\"}\"}"}

And I had to reset the filed for this user after changing back the CB parameters in order to get it right again.

It seems the only way the field is correctly set is really when having the params fully accessible and thus the only way to hide them (at least actually) is via CSS.

If I can help with some more tests, just tell me.

6 years 10 months ago #294590 by krileon
No more tests necessary. Will review and fix in a later build. For now you'll just have to keep the parameters accessible. We'll need to rewrite how we handle those parameters since we only touch them during storage of them, but Joomla doesn't like that anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Car0l

6 years 8 months ago #296425 by cliffvt
Guys I am haivng this same problem suddenly after adding two CB Query fields - when the user presses Update they just get a blank screen and debug message is

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 58721240 bytes) in /home/membersweb/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php on line 2039

Has a fix been released yet?

Thanks

Cliff

6 years 8 months ago #296427 by cliffvt
FYI I ran the fix suggested in another post, i.e. UPDATE `XXXX_users` SET `params` = '{}' and it fixed the memory issue. So for now am ok

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn