Need to verify custom email field to system email field

7 years 2 months ago #290795 by notyooagain
Hi again Kyle, I have to give up on this. Cannot get the settings to work as required no matter what the combinations. Will just keep using the custom email fields and live with it.:dry:
Thanks for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #290856 by krileon
Another option maybe to use the Layout features and the new CBSubs content.prepare substitutions. Edit your primary email address then under Parameters > Layouts set the following parameter.

Profile Value Layout
[cbsubs:if plan="PLAN_ID_HERE" status="A"][value][cbsubs:elseif user="#me" plan="PLAN_ID_HERE" status="A"][value][/cbsubs:elseif][/cbsubs:if]

Note you need absolute latest CBSubs build for the elseif functionality to work. It should display the email field if the displayed user is subscribed to PLAN_ID_HERE. If they aren't it should display the email field if the viewing user is subscribed to PLAN_ID_HERE. If neither condition matches it should display nothing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #290912 by notyooagain

krileon wrote: Another option maybe to use the Layout features and the new CBSubs content.prepare substitutions. Edit your primary email address then under Parameters > Layouts set the following parameter.

Hi Kyle
My CBSubs subscription is not current so I would have to pay to renew in the hope that it will work (Another option maybe) so unless you can assure me it will work I cannot justify it at present.
I am disappointed that there is no simple way to block members of the same user group or subscriber plan

Thanks very much for your time and suggestions.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #290931 by krileon
Oh, you're not on CBSubs GPL. That explains a lot as to why none of my suggestions are working. Our demo site is kept up to date and you've basically fully access to try anything you like there. It resets regularly so feel free to try things out.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #290952 by notyooagain
Hi Kyle

My version of CBSubs is 4.0.2 which I believe is the GPL version.

7 years 2 months ago #290983 by krileon
Ah, ok then you'd need latest 4.1.0 for those substitutions to work.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn