Need to verify custom email field to system email field

7 years 3 months ago #289657 by notyooagain
Hi again

Have followed the video but am unable to get it to work.

This is what I have tried :-

SELECT `email` FROM `#__users` WHERE `cb_email` = '[value]'

Also have attached my settings for the field

Could you please advise the correct statement.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289682 by krileon
The query validation should be added to the cb_email field. [value] is the value the user input into the cb_email field. Your current query is throwing a fatal error because cb_email does not exist in _users and can never work. So you need to check it against the _users email column as follows.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `#__users` WHERE `email` = '[value]'

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289703 by notyooagain
Still cannot get it to verify

Recapping what I am trying to do

At registration verify custom email field to the system email field

CB Query field setting in custom email field

Please advise

Thanks
Attachments:

7 years 3 months ago #289788 by krileon
Wait, why are you trying to use a second field to verify the primary email address field? That functionality is built into every email field and turned on under the validation parameters. That query validation only works on the field you've directly configured it on. It takes the value the user has supplied to the field you've configured the query validation on and sends it through the query as per your conditions. You've it then set to be valid if it returns no results.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289794 by notyooagain
Hi Kyle

My original question was at the start of this was "is it possible to verify a custom email field that I have created to the main system email field and if so how is it done. I know that the verify email field can be enabled but it needs to be verified to the system email not the custom one."
I also mentioned why I had to do that as well.
So my question again is, is it at all possible to do?

Thanks

7 years 3 months ago #289834 by krileon
Ah, I understand what you're trying to do. You want your custom email field to be verified against the primary email address field to ensure it's a completely different email address. Sorry, misunderstood what you were trying to do. No there's no validation rules for doing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn