[#6647] CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket

6 years 11 months ago #294155 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket
It seems to us as a very serious issue impacting different areas of CBSubs.

Apart the fact that our customers have no way to get invoices for their payments, this also has an impact on sales tax /VAT report and statistics.
These reports only takes into account the last payment and the last VAT which is a big issue.

We have customers complaining for their monthly invoices on the subscription tab.
Maybe that you and Beat could find a quick workaround for all this ?
If not, I think that recurring payments should be switched off in CBSubs as it impacts so much things.

The main issue to start with for us is that there is no invoice, so no tracking and no export to any account system.

Please take this as pretty urgent ;-)
Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #294158 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket
Then use manual payments only for now if you need a basket per renewal. CBSubs stats should not be used for tax purposes in any way. Use reports from your gateway or bank directly. At any rate those statistics would be based off payments, which are logged per renewal.

To have what you're wanting it likely means a rewrite to how we handle recurring payments and that's not happening anytime soon as it's a significant change that needs to be done extremely carefully. This assumes this just isn't some unintended bug. I've already created a feature ticket for Beat to review and determine what would be best.

Additionally your gateway should have the option to send invoices to users via emails and it is advised to enable this functionality if available as it's completely accurate to the charge on their account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294347 by activha

CBSubs stats should not be used for tax purposes in any way...

Well that was useful to have a quick glance of what taxes would look like anyway...and Beat wrote a couple of months ago that himself was using it to check taxes

To have what you're wanting it likely means a rewrite to how we handle recurring payments and that's not happening anytime soon as it's a significant change that needs to be done extremely carefully. This assumes this just isn't some unintended bug. I've already created a feature ticket for Beat to review and determine what would be best.

Do you have an update on a bug ?
That was not the behavior of these previous months, and I guess that it would defeat the purpose of your invoice tab which would be all inaccurate.

Additionally your gateway should have the option to send invoices to users via emails and it is advised to enable this functionality if available as it's completely accurate to the charge on their account.

Gateways are not meant to send invoices. Invoices have to follow strict rules from the company, look the same, follow a special numbering...
Gateways can send proof of payments or acknowledge payments but not invoices.
PayPal may do it for small companies, but PayPal costs are way too expensive

Could you check for this invoice point with Beat ?

Thanks
Jean

6 years 10 months ago #294383 by krileon

Well that was useful to have a quick glance of what taxes would look like anyway...and Beat wrote a couple of months ago that himself was using it to check taxes

You can use the payment information for a relatively accurate at a glance estimate.

Do you have an update on a bug ?
That was not the behavior of these previous months, and I guess that it would defeat the purpose of your invoice tab which would be all inaccurate.

It's not a bug. This is a feature implementation as recurring payments have never generated new baskets. Only manual renewals do and have. The ticket is still pending as I've explained this would be a substantial change to recurring behavior and has to be reviewed carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294459 by activha

It's not a bug. This is a feature implementation as recurring payments have never generated new baskets. Only manual renewals do and have. The ticket is still pending as I've explained this would be a substantial change to recurring behavior and has to be reviewed carefully.

The ticket is not pending, it's always marked as completed in the back end, only the date changes
In this case , the invoice list in front end should be based on the payments list once the payment is completed, and not the basket list.

That's a very strange behavior for recurring payments not to have corresponding invoices in the back end or in the front end for the customer.
That means that all customers with recurring payments could not get their invoice list for the last X period, and that would defeat the purpose of all statistics not taking into account real completed payments

I dont remember noticing this in the previous versions of CBSubs.
Could it be a recent change ?
Did you speak with Beat about this ?

6 years 10 months ago #294464 by krileon
This is not a recent change. Recurring payments have never generated new baskets. They even specifically include the original baskets id in the IPN. They load the basket and simply pay it. It does not create a new one. I have already created a feature ticket to try and improve this.

Did you speak with Beat about this ?

Yes and he has confirmed everything I've already told you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn