[#6647] CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket

6 years 10 months ago #295031 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket
This is exactly why I love you guys, you have conceived a product that can adapt to any situation, and you always find a workaround to cope with anything !!

That will do for now, we will tweak it a little and it will fit our customer's needs for now.
I have only one last question : the invoice number will of course stay the same because of the basket.
But is there a way to add a number somewhere to make the invoices unique ?
I noticed that the payment data adds a R1, R2, R3 etc... Can I get it somewhere ?

Thanks a lot for your answer anyway

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #295034 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket
You could do [column_invoice][id] to suffix the payment row id or [column_txn_id] to output the transaction id (not all gateways provide this so could be empty), which is unique per payment. Aside from that I guess you could adjust the query to find out what payment count it is (e.g. if is 3rd, 4th, etc..) and suffix that to the invoice directly in the query.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #295068 by activha
In fact, I would have to add the payment count directly in the invoice number settings in main CBsubs setting.

This is the only way that I can think of to get the correct invoice number when the customer displays its invoice for printing.

Is there a way to get this number in the invoice number substitution ? for instance instead of only R in the invoice number, get R2, R3 and so on ?

thanks

PS :
BTW with this workaround we can keep recurring payments active as we can have invoices available for our customers.
However, I have one customer whose recurring payment by visa has not been triggered by CBSubs. How can I manually trigger again an automatic renewal with recurring payment ? I have re switched on Recurring on Ogone, but did not find a way to have it restarted automatically for this customer.
And we would not like to call them and ask again for a credit card.

6 years 10 months ago #295073 by krileon
You can check if a payment is recurring using the [column_recurring] column (1 for recurring 0 for not; note these columns can be used in IF substitutions as well). You should also be able to check how many times it has recurred using [column_recur_times], but I don't recall if that increments for plans with no recurring limit. In short review the _cbsubs_payments database table as you can substitute in any of those columns.

BTW with this workaround we can keep recurring payments active as we can have invoices available for our customers.
However, I have one customer whose recurring payment by visa has not been triggered by CBSubs. How can I manually trigger again an automatic renewal with recurring payment ? I have re switched on Recurring on Ogone, but did not find a way to have it restarted automatically for this customer.
And we would not like to call them and ask again for a credit card.

The recurring payments don't cancel at Ogone if you disable recurring in the plan it self. Those are 2 separate things. Do you mean a recurring payment was attempted when you had turned recurring off and it didn't pay the subscription? I guess you'll have to manually renew it from backend in that case. We've no means of requesting for Ogone to resend payment or anything of the sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #295074 by activha

You can check if a payment is recurring using the [column_recurring] ....

Do you mean that I can use now cb substitutions and if statements in the main invoice format settings ? Because that's were I'd like to add the number

Do you mean a recurring payment was attempted when you had turned recurring off and it didn't pay the subscription?

Correct

I guess you'll have to manually renew it from backend in that case.

Yes but in this case I cannot trigger the recurring payment with alias at Ingenico/ogone.
Is there a way to make CBsubs re trigger recurring payments more than 3 times ?

6 years 10 months ago #295076 by krileon

Do you mean that I can use now cb substitutions and if statements in the main invoice format settings ? Because that's were I'd like to add the number

My reply was regarding CB Query Field usage, but yes "Invoice number format" is passed through normal CB substitutions API. So yes you can substitute in CB fields into it.

Is there a way to make CBsubs re trigger recurring payments more than 3 times ?

There is no triggering a recurring payment. You can force renew the subscription within CB > User Management. I've no idea what forcing it to recur from Ogone will do, but if it does work it's subject to whatever you've set the renewable in advance parameter to for your plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn