[#6647] CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket

6 years 10 months ago #294985 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket

You stopped them how? From the payment provider? What CBSubs message is it sending?

Simply by deactivating the recurring payment ability from the settings within your Ogone gateway.
But this did not stop CB subs from trying to make recurring payments and trigger this mail of error in recurring payments

As I've already told you it's not happening anytime soon. It's a complete rewrite of our recurring payment behavior.

I don't understand the difficulty of displaying correct invoices or getting correct data from a subscription system such as CBSubs
Invoices could be displayed based on payments instead of baskets ?
With recurring payments, your basket table does not display the correct information, but the payment table does display the correct information. So it should not be too difficult to change CBsubs behavior to display invoices based on payment table information ??
For lots or reasons, it is not possible to rely on an external payment gateway for invoicing, there is also no bridge between CBsubs and an external invoicing component to my knowing (unless you know one ?) and finally, correct data for invoicing is a must for any cart or subscription system.

We need to find a solution as stopping recurring payment is a problem for our customers who have their credit card data registered at Ogone/ingenico, we need to explain, get data for alternate payment mode, rewrite manual invoices for past periods, and so on... !
On the other hand if we allow recurring payments we cannot manually make a manual invoice each time.

May I suggest that either you base invoice display on payment table or you structure an export ability to import CBsubs data in another joomla invoicing system ?

Anyway we need to find a solution as the problem will increase with our expansion

Hope you understand ?
regards
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294990 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket

Simply by deactivating the recurring payment ability from the settings within your Ogone gateway.
But this did not stop CB subs from trying to make recurring payments and trigger this mail of error in recurring payments

Correct, that won't actually stop the recurring payments. It simply doesn't allow for any more. You will have to cancel the recurring payments within Ogone.

I don't understand the difficulty of displaying correct invoices or getting correct data from a subscription system such as CBSubs
Invoices could be displayed based on payments instead of baskets ?

In CBSubs a Basket = Invoice and an Invoice = Basket. They are one in the same. For recurring payments the original basket id is sent with the IPN. This is used to validate the recurring payment. A payment towards that basket is then made and the recurring counter is adjusted accordingly for it. It has absolutely no code in place to handle generating a new basket on each recurring payment. We have to implement that for recurring payments and retest the entire recurring payment process; likely for every gateway.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #295019 by activha
OK I understand that you have no code in place for this, but we have also lots of customers and cannot simply say to them "Oups sorry but this has not been coded yet..."
Their companies have their accounting department and they REQUIRE invoices that we have to write manually in this case, defeating CBsubs automatisation purpose.

We need a workaround during the time needed to code this point.
After thinking about it, deactivating recurring payments is not an option for our customers. But no invoices for the recurring periods is neither an option.

Can we use the payment database table to display some invoices for these customers ? if yes what data should we use ?
Can we link your software to an outside app to get invoices ? what do you use for your customers when they need invoices for recurring payments ?

6 years 10 months ago #295020 by krileon

We need a workaround during the time needed to code this point.
After thinking about it, deactivating recurring payments is not an option for our customers. But no invoices for the recurring periods is neither an option.

I don't know what to tell you. I don't have a workaround to suggest. What you're wanting simply doesn't exist in CBSubs yet. I guess you could cancel the recurring subscriptions and ensure your plans do not allow recurring subscriptions. Then I guess copy the basket row for those recurring subscriptions in _cbsubs_payment_baskets and manually adjust the invoice number for the copy. That'd display an invoice for them on their invoices page, but you'll need to manually do that for every recurring payment that came through up till now.

Can we use the payment database table to display some invoices for these customers ? if yes what data should we use ?

No, the payments table has nothing to do with the invoice. As explained above the basket is the invoice. Without a basket there is no invoice. Recurring payments do not generate new baskets and thus do not generate a new invoice.

Can we link your software to an outside app to get invoices ? what do you use for your customers when they need invoices for recurring payments ?

I've no idea. It'd be up to your software to do that. We don't use recurring payments here.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #295024 by activha
Kyle,
You understand that we are dealing with business customers expecting to have one invoice per payment ? or at least one invoice detailing all the payments that have been made until now ?
We are ready to wait for an implementation of this for CBSubs and manually correct invoices if you can give a time estimate for the change.
We are now dealing with Slimpay, Ingenico to pay for developing a new gateway for SEPA recurring payments, but if there is no correct implementation for invoices display, it's not worth it.
CBSubs is a nice component but we need to know where to go with it.
I hope you understand the urgency of this
Best regards
Jean

6 years 10 months ago #295027 by krileon
I don't know what to tell you. I've acknowledged your issue and added a feature ticket for it. We do not have a time estimate. Anything short of "yes it's being implement as we speak" is not going to be satisfactory to your situation. Even if it was implemented now it wouldn't be retroactive so existing recurring payments still would not have an invoice. The best I can suggest is a CB Query Field usage below that outputs their payment rows and links them to their respective invoices. This would give your users a full payment history at least.

Query:
SELECT *
FROM `#__cbsubs_payments`
WHERE `for_user_id` = '[user_id]'
ORDER BY `time_paid` DESC
Output: Multiple Rows
Header:
<table class="table table-hover table-responsive">
	<thead>
		<tr>
			<th style="width: 15%;">Date</th>
			<th>Invoice</th>
			<th style="width: 15%;">Amount</th>
			<th style="width: 15%;">Status</th>
		</tr>
	</thead>
	<tbody>
Row:
		<tr>
			<td style="width: 15%;">[column_time_paid_date]</td>
			<td><a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&user=[user_id]&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpact=showinvoice&cbpinvoice=[column_payment_basket_id]&tmpl=component" target="_blank">[column_invoice]</a></td>
			<td style="width: 15%;">[column_mc_gross]</td>
			<td style="width: 15%;">[column_payment_status]</td>
		</tr>
Footer:
	</tbody>
</table>

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn