[#6647] CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket

6 years 10 months ago #295079 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket
I have reactivated the user through backend > CB > User Management > CBsubs tab but it did not seem to trigger the payment.
User has the plan valid for the next month but the plan seems to be free as activated from the backend.
Is it a normal behavior ? Can I only trigger a payment from the front end ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #295081 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs recurring payment with only one basket
Backend does not trigger a payment. It doesn't create a basket either. Yes, this is normal behavior. If you need payment history and baskets for admin generated payments you have to do it though frontend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #295085 by activha
I checked and It seems that for unlimited plans [column_recur_times] and [column_recur_times] are set to 0

So I used [column_sale_id] which seems to follow the scheme xxxx, xxxxR2, xxxxR3, xxxxR4 and thus should generate a unique invoice number for each new recurring payment, Is that correct this way ? will you keep the sale_id R implementation in the future ?

Edit:
Just tried a manual donation and got the invoice number INV-[column_sale_id]-1706-U-842

Are you sure about substitution in the invoice number ?

6 years 10 months ago #295092 by krileon

So I used [column_sale_id] which seems to follow the scheme xxxx, xxxxR2, xxxxR3, xxxxR4 and thus should generate a unique invoice number for each new recurring payment, Is that correct this way ?

I've no idea.

will you keep the sale_id R implementation in the future ?

I don't know what the intended behavior of sale_id is and I can't make any promises regarding the future.

Are you sure about substitution in the invoice number ?

No, that substitution isn't going to work there as you're confusing 2 completely different usages. The column substitutions are for CB Query Field only. Normal field substitutions will work in that parameter (e.g. [name]). If you want a value that CB Query Field outputs then you need to substitute in a query field that's outputting the value you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #295101 by activha

No, that substitution isn't going to work there as you're confusing 2 completely different usages. The column substitutions are for CB Query Field only. Normal field substitutions will work in that parameter (e.g. [name]). If you want a value that CB Query Field outputs then you need to substitute in a query field that's outputting the value you're wanting.

OK I see so we'll only get a query list with invoice numbers and added sale_id, but this won't be reflected on the displayed invoice when the customer clicks on the link, correct ?
That's a bit not as good as I imagined, we can look at the real invoice list, but the customer is still stuck with its latest invoice/basket id and payment date :-(

So we need to find another way to display invoices with the needed data

6 years 10 months ago #295126 by krileon

So we need to find another way to display invoices with the needed data

There isn't a way because the invoice you want does not exist. The list output by the solution I provided is an accurate payment history, but those recurring payments do not have a unique invoice as CBSubs does not generate baskets (which is an invoice in CBSubs) for recurring payments. For accounting/legal purposes the payment history should be satisfactory for the user until we can rewrite the recurring payment handling to generate baskets on each payment.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn