[#3734] Payments not updating expiration date

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #229234 by aspooner
I am using Joomla 2.5.11, CB 1.9, CBSubs GPL.

I have several mailers set up to send a reminder to users to renew their subscriptions at various intervals. For those that have renewed, the expiration date of their subscription has not been updated, and the reminder email is being resent to those that have renewed. All have used Paypal to renew and all payments are showing as completed. In the plans, the field "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows:" is set to "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens last (allows free gap)".

Could you please suggest what might be going wrong or let me know what other information you need to solve this.
Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #229283 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Payments not updating expiration date
Are these manual renewals or auto renewals from recurring subscriptions? If recurring subscriptions you may not have IPN setup properly, which could cause your site to never be notified of the renewal. Please check within CBSubs > Notifications and ensure you're receiving PayPal IPNs (not PDT, those are site returns during single payment) for the renewals.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #229311 by aspooner
Replied by aspooner on topic Payments not updating expiration date
The payments are all Autorenew Type=Manual, Autorecurring Type=Not autorecurring.
I have checked in Notifications. The IPN notifications are there, but there is no Username or Full Name recorded and the Verification field is set to VERIFIED, but not SUCCESS. The first name, last name and email are recorded (see attachment).
Any thoughts? Thanks.
Attachments:

10 years 10 months ago #229341 by krileon
Hmm, that doesn't make any sense. You're receiving IPNs fine and they're all successful so their subscriptions should be renewed fine. Are they renewing a Child plan that has a Parent plan with a duration? Renewing a child plan does not renew the Parent plan. Perhaps they're renewing the Child and the Parent is the one that is expired? Are you altering subscription rows at all with CBSubs SQL Actions using database queries?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #229377 by aspooner
Replied by aspooner on topic Payments not updating expiration date
No, there are no child or parent plans and I have not altered anything with SQL. Does the missing username and email have any effect on the updating of the subscription?

Could you please take a look at it if I send you the login details via private message.
Thanks.

10 years 10 months ago #229402 by krileon
I don't see any issues. Your notifications look fine. The baskets associated with the notifications are completed and paid. The payment for the basket is logged with the correct IDs and is marked paid.

To trail the information go to Notifications and click the ID under "Payment basket" column to the far right. This will show you the payment basket associated with that IPN, which you can observe its status. There is is saying the status is "Completed". Next click the number under "Payments" to see the actual payment transaction information. There you should see a transaction number, which you can match up with PayPal to confirm the payment and also see when it was paid and see that it's a Renewal (see the number under Renewals column); you'll notice the amount is under "Amount single", because it's a manual renewal.

What this tells us is the payment was completely successful and CBSubs can see that it was successful. So what looks like is happening is the expiration date is acting as if it's calculating for current calendar year renewal and not next calendar year renewal. Seams to be something amiss with "this calendar" durations as this isn't the first report of such issues.

I've pushed this information to Beat so he can hopefully take a look at why the calculations are not working properly. For now please manually fix users expiration dates (increment them by 1 year) within CBSubs > Subscriptions and clicking the id under the ID column to edit their subscription.

I've added your topic to an ongoing bug ticket for further investigation of this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn