[#3734] Payments not updating expiration date

10 years 5 months ago #236308 by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Payments not updating expiration date

krileon wrote: I don't see any issues. Your notifications look fine. The baskets associated with the notifications are completed and paid. The payment for the basket is logged with the correct IDs and is marked paid.

To trail the information go to Notifications and click the ID under "Payment basket" column to the far right. This will show you the payment basket associated with that IPN, which you can observe its status. There is is saying the status is "Completed". Next click the number under "Payments" to see the actual payment transaction information. There you should see a transaction number, which you can match up with PayPal to confirm the payment and also see when it was paid and see that it's a Renewal (see the number under Renewals column); you'll notice the amount is under "Amount single", because it's a manual renewal.

What this tells us is the payment was completely successful and CBSubs can see that it was successful. So what looks like is happening is the expiration date is acting as if it's calculating for current calendar year renewal and not next calendar year renewal. Seams to be something amiss with "this calendar" durations as this isn't the first report of such issues.

I've pushed this information to Beat so he can hopefully take a look at why the calculations are not working properly. For now please manually fix users expiration dates (increment them by 1 year) within CBSubs > Subscriptions and clicking the id under the ID column to edit their subscription.

I've added your topic to an ongoing bug ticket for further investigation of this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Kyle,

I'm also having this issue now for calendar year subs... and it's only with renewals. New subs work just fine with expiry date calculation. Is there a fix for this, short of manually having to go through and edit each record? We're getting to that time of year when we will get to see a lot of renewals coming in.

-Derek

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #236792 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Payments not updating expiration date
There is not a fix for this except to manually fix the subscriptions within CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking their subscription id under the ID column then fixing their subscription status and expiration date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #236798 by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Payments not updating expiration date

krileon wrote: There is not a fix for this except to manually fix the subscriptions within CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking their subscription id under the ID column then fixing their subscription status and expiration date.

Is there any chance we'll see an update to CBSubs with this and other bug fixes soon? I switched over from AEC to CBSubs because the support is better but I have found that there are a number of irritating bugs in CBSubs that make me regret changing over. The other big one for me is the CB fields integration is NOT updating the CB fields with values - I have to do this using the SQL integration and it is a royal pain because it doesn't quite work either (bugs again).

It has been almost a year since an update was made on CBSubs and based on the number of bugs that I have and I've read about, it seems an update was warranted many months ago.

10 years 5 months ago #236984 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Payments not updating expiration date
After CB 1.10.0 is released multiple incubator projects will be released to work with it properly (this shouldn't take long; maybe 1 - 2 weeks?). After which a CBSubs 3.0.1 (version number subject to change) bug fix release is planned for all major bugs we've logged (I believe there's 6 currently). Once 3.0.1 is released a 3.1.0 (version number subject to change) is planned to provide additional bug fixes and features. That's the best I can provide on the current plans, which of course are subject to change.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #248156 by aspooner
Replied by aspooner on topic [#3734] Payments not updating expiration date
Joomla: 2.5.4
CB: 1.9.1
CBSubs: 3.0.0

I started this post just over a year ago and we have experienced the same problem again a year later when the subscriptions fell due again at the end of June - i.e. the subscription expiry date not being updated when the subscription was renewed. I was just wondering if there had been any progress on this and if not when you expect it to be resolved. We had some very irate members who remembered it happening last year.
Thanks.

9 years 8 months ago #248356 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [#3734] Payments not updating expiration date
It's scheduled to be fixed in CBSubs 3.0.1, which will be a priority shortly after CB 2.0 goes stable. We're expecting a quick bug fix release followed by a major feature release of CBSubs after CB 2.0 goes stable.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn