Renewal expiry date error

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #229728 by srinsoftleaderclips
Renewal expiry date error was created by srinsoftleaderclips
Nick,

I'm using Joomla 2.5.4 with CB 1.9 and CBSubs 3.0

Paypal pro in sandbox

When user try to subscribe for one month then the expiry date set for 2 months as follows

If user subscribe on 27-June-2013 then expiry date sets for 27-Sep-2013

(see attachment for monthly payment details monthly_payment_log.JPG, expiry_date_monthly_payment.JPG and monthly_ipn_received.JPG)

When user try to subscribe for one year then the expiry date set for 3 year as follows

If user subscribe on 27-June-2013 then expiry date sets for 27-June-2016

(see attachment for yearly payment details annual_membership_first_ipn.JPG, annual_membership_subscription.JPG and annual_membership_2nd_ipn.JPG and annual_membership_subscription_after_2nd_ipn.JPG and annual_membership_3rd_ipn.JPG and annual_membership_subscription_after_3rd_ipn.JPG and subscription_log_msg.JPG

i cannot add the other imaged which is log detail of annual payment

Kindly guide us why user get expiry dat with 2 years added

Note: This happens in our live environment alos. Kindly guide us ASAP to fix this issue.

Is there any settings to fix this issue?

Thanks,
srinsoftleaderclips.

)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #229806 by srinsoftleaderclips
Replied by srinsoftleaderclips on topic Renewal expiry date error
I doubt this happens when we enable IPN from paypal.

Is CBSubs 3.0 updating the payment date or next billing date when it receives IPN every time?

Kindly check and guide us asap

Thanks with anticipation

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #229817 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Renewal expiry date error
Please check within CBSubs > Notifications and see if you received multiple IPNs for the same transaction. The only way for this to happen is for some reason multiple same IPNs are received and keep renewing the subscription, which looks like this is what is happening based off your last few screenshots. Another option is if you allow "renewal in advance" and the user themselves is renewing before expiring manually to extend their subscription.

Is this happening with only PayPal Pro? Do you have any other gateway you can test against? For example PayPal Standard.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #229819 by krileon
Took a look at the PayPal Pro gateway and believe this is due to the notification handling. Please try the below quickfix and see if it resolves your issue. The IPNs should be ignored if the basket is already paid.

IN: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors/paypalpro/cbpaidsubscriptions.paypalpro.php
ON: Line 448
				if ( $exists ) {
					$ipn->bindBasket( $paymentBasket );
TO:
				if ( $paymentBasket->payment_status == 'Completed' ) {
					return null;
				}

if ( $exists ) {
					$ipn->bindBasket( $paymentBasket );

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #229883 by srinsoftleaderclips
Replied by srinsoftleaderclips on topic Renewal expiry date error
Thank you for the response,

I modified the code provided and is not allowing ipn notification to update the system.

Following are my doubts after adding modified codes

1. When i cancel the subscription from the merchant account, then IPN notification is not updating the system as user as Unsubscribed. It is still shows active in subscription page

2. How system will update recurring billing for subscribed user every time when it is send IPN to update the system. Since, when expiry date occurs then system will change the status in the subscription to expired until it receives IPN from paypal for that transaction to active and change next expiration date

New issue

When i revert back the code and resend the IPN for cancelled profile, then it changed the status in IPN notification canceled, but still kept the user status as active under subscription and increased the next expiration date to 1 month extra

Note: I sent IPN twice and it increased the next expiration date 2 month extra and i confirm that system increase the next expiration date every time ipn receives for particular transaction

Find the attached screenshot which contains a transaction as active when initial payment made and when cancelled in merchant account, it is still shows active in subscription with 2 month billing date

So, if merchant cancel the profile from PayPal then it is not changing the user status as expired or unsubscribed under subscription. Kindly take a look on this issue too.
Attachments:

10 years 9 months ago #229912 by krileon
To clarify, with the change in place the basket is only paid 1 time and isn't being double paid. However, cancellation IPNs and renewal IPNs do not work. Is this correct?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn