Renewal expiry date error

10 years 9 months ago #229962 by srinsoftleaderclips
Replied by srinsoftleaderclips on topic Renewal expiry date error
Yes ,

Its seems subscr_payment is the type recurring_payment and subscr_failed is recurring_payment_skipped.

In this is case, IPN received for the type subscr_failed upgrades the expiry date to 1 month which was already set to be expired as Aug-02-2013 but now it upgraded to Sep-02-2013 . This should not happen as this was subscribed for monthly subscription. The IPN received for this transaction is for the payment done in PayPa, but yesterday itself the expiry date for one month has set when profile created

and

IPN received for the type subscr_payment is not upgrading the expiry date which has increase the expiry date to next day as it was subscribed for daily subscription.

The IPN received for this transaction is the payment happen for daily subscription which has to extend the expiry date

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #229968 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Renewal expiry date error
Ok, just an update on progress. I've fixed the duplicate IPN issues, but still need to fix the cancellation IPNs from renewing the subscription. Once fixed will send you a new release for testing tomorrow.

The explain the issue further what is happening is a recurring profile created IPN is being sent, which we don't need as our API call was successful; so this IPN is now ignored. Next is a payment IPN is sent shortly after recurring profile created IPN, which again we don't need as our API call has already confirmed success; so this IPN is now ignored 1 time if the basket is still logged as being subscription signup and updates the basket to subscription payment. This means the next payment IPN will renew the subscription properly.

Similar situation is happening with cancellations, but the IPNs are renewing instead of cancelling despite their status being set correctly so is taking a little bit longer to investigate.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #229990 by srinsoftleaderclips
When can i expect the fix to test? As i told the site is in live and people re trying to access it.

Since we need to test in the staging sever and confirm before we implement in production.

In case, if any issue found, then we may need your guidance after that to fix the issue as we have to freeze this by this week end.

Thanks with anticipation
srinsoftleaderclips

10 years 9 months ago #229995 by krileon

When can i expect the fix to test?

It'll be completely fixed today as I'm retesting the entire usage in multiple scenarios.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #229997 by srinsoftleaderclips
Ok fine,

Use the same two email address to send the fixed release

10 years 9 months ago #230000 by krileon
I've sent you the latest build. I've tested and fixed all usage scenarios. Subscriptions appear to be working perfectly fine now. Cancellations are also now working fine. Single payments continue to have no issues.

Please note I observed the below issue, but have yet to find a fix or workaround. The below appears to be a bug in CBSubs it self and not the gateway thus far. However, it's an extremely specific scenario so you are highly unlikely to encounter it in normal usage situations, but you will if you're doing resubscribe testing.

If you Subscribe, then Unsubscribe shortly afterwards, then Resubscribe shortly after Unsubscribing, there will be no Expiration Date. For some reason it fails to calculate, but this is a calculation done deep in CBSubs and have yet to discover why it does this. Everything else appears working fine (subscriptions, renewals, cancellations, and even refunds).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn