Renewal expiry date error

10 years 10 months ago #230043 by srinsoftleaderclips
Replied by srinsoftleaderclips on topic Renewal expiry date error
Thanks you for the release and will let you know the feedback once testing done

Question for trial a period membership plan and payment type

I enabled a plan with free for 1 week trial and paid for monthly. I set $0.00 for a week and $4.0 for monthly subscription. When i made payment everything goes well

When user register for trial a week membership, it ask to pay the amount for the rest of 1 month to activate monthly subscription when a trial week is expired.

Question is

Is PayPal creating profile by deducting amount from credit card when user subscribe for trial a period subscription or only deduct amount from the card when trial a week is expire?

If PayPal deduct only when trial a week expire then , I believe PayPal is not deducting amount from credit card If user unsubscribe this membership before the expiry date of weekly trial.

Kindly clarify for the question ASAP

Thanks,
Guru

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #230049 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Renewal expiry date error

Is PayPal creating profile by deducting amount from credit card when user subscribe for trial a period subscription or only deduct amount from the card when trial a week is expire?

It only deducts the amount when the trial week is over.

If PayPal deduct only when trial a week expire then , I believe PayPal is not deducting amount from credit card If user unsubscribe this membership before the expiry date of weekly trial.

Correct, if they cancel during the free trial it will not charge them anything.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #230065 by srinsoftleaderclips
We registered a user for daily subscription on july-03-2013 which has to be renewed on july-04-2013. Unfortunately subscription was expired before receiving recurring payment renewal IPN for this transaction.

Still system is not updating the expiry date also not activating the user status even after receiving IPN for that transaction.

See attachment still_expired_after_ipn_received_zxccv.JPG and ipn_recurring_payment_zxcv.JPG

I guess it may be due to lack of grace period and delay of sending IPN from PayPal

Now, I modified the plan with grace period of 3 days for daily subscription plan and registered an user with the expiry date 05-July-2013 which has to update the expiry date to july-06-2013 on tomorrow by this time when system receives recurring payment renewal IPN if i'm correct. Will this happen properly ?

Kindly confirm whether renewal is updating the expiry date and if it happening then why the above scenario is not working.

Kindly check this as high priority

thanks with anticipation
Attachments:

10 years 10 months ago #230074 by krileon
There should be no payment IPN when you create a recurring profile. A payment IPN should only be sent when the recurring profile bills at the next recurring. Initial payment is sent with the API to charge for the initial purchase. When the payment IPN comes though it should pay the subscription, but there's a lot of other configuration within CBSubs that can influence this (for example if you only allow a plan to renew 2 times, but the 3rd time is an IPN).

Please also note it's possible previous recurring profiles may not behave well with the new usage. Please ensure you're testing a completely clean install to ensure it's behaving properly. In all my tests everything worked fine so I'm not sure what more to advise, but will take a look again and see if I can find anything.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #230077 by krileon
To confirm is working fine again I retested renewals and they're still working. To test this I forced the recurring profile to activate immediately and the expiration date incremented by an additional year. Please see the below.

The IPN is the renewal and the "Autorecurring payment" is the initial subscription. The plan is a 1 year duration plan. Please see the below of the subscription being active with the correct expiration date.

Below is the payment on PayPal where you can see the double billings (plan is $50).

Next I cancelled the recurring profile directly from PayPal, which sends the below IPN.

The recurring profile has been cancelled and it now cancels the recurring for the subscription, which you can see below.

You'll notice that it now no longer says "auto renewing". This is because a cancel from PayPal only cancels the recurring aspect of a subscription. Cancelling on-site cancels the entire subscription. This is done encase the user cancels or the seller cancels the recurring profile by mistake or PayPal decides to cancel it for whatever reason.

I highly suggest you do not use recurring subscriptions with 1 day. The duration is just too short and everything is going to happen too quickly, which increases the chance of IPN error. I suggest using no less than 1 week.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 years 10 months ago #230103 by srinsoftleaderclips
Thanks you for the response

As the site is in production, i cannot test by subscribing weekly subscription and wait until next week.

Kindly let us know to subscribe monthly or annual and force test to upgraded the expiry date as you did in the screen shot.

I believe you guide us to test quickly and update in production

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn