Renewal expiry date error

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #229915 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Renewal expiry date error
Have investigated further and was able to successfully duplicate the issue. Am working on fixing the bug and will be able to provide you with a new release when fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #229917 by srinsoftleaderclips
Replied by srinsoftleaderclips on topic Renewal expiry date error
Yes, IPN notification is not affecting the subscription when i place the code, but still cancellation and renewal is not working.

Sorry, We cannot provide super admin details as the site is in live. Could you please guide us to fix this issue. Since, we have customized some codes for design changes and if you upload any then it overwrite the existing code

Kindly send us the modified files or fixed release through email or allow us to download with any specific link from your server. We will compare the modified codes with version control to find the difference and implement in our staging server before implementing in live.

You can send the fixed release or url to download the fixed release to the following email address

sysadmin@srinsofttech.com and guruprasad@srinsofttech.com

10 years 9 months ago #229919 by krileon
Have sent you a fixed build, please retest your issue and confirm if issue persists or not. I've tested locally and the issue appears completely gone. The issue was due to a duplicate subscription signup IPN as the subscription had already became active by the PDT from the internal API call. It now accounts for this in the IPN handling.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #229942 by srinsoftleaderclips
Issue is fixed and working fine but there are some scenario still we face some issues.
Thank you and i appreciate the quick response.

I have following questions with some other issues as follows

when user upgrade from monthly to annually subscription then previous monthly subscription's profile still exiting as active in the PayPal merchant account.

why two profile are creating for a user when they upgrade from one subscription to other in the PayPal account?

Will PayPal deduct every time for previously created profile even though they upgraded to most expensive subscription? Since both profile are active in PayPal account and so user will be deducted twice every month.

Cancelling membership from merchant account

When i try to cancel a profile from PayPal merchant account, then it sends ipn to the system, but it does not change the user status to Unsubscribe and also it increases the expiry date

Question for trial a period membership plan and payment type

I enabled a plan with free for 1 week trial and paid for monthly. I set $0.00 for a week and $4.0 for monthly subscription. When i made payment everything goes well

When user register for trial a week membership, it ask to pay the amount for the rest of 1 month to activate monthly subscription when a trial week is expired.

Question is

Is PayPal creating profile by deducting amount from credit card when user subscribe for trial a period subscription or only deduct amount from the card when trial a week is expire?

If PayPal deduct only when trial a week expire then , I believe PayPal is not deducting amount from credit card If user unsubscribe this membership before the expiry date of weekly trial.

Kindly clarify for the question ASAP

Thanks,
Guru

10 years 9 months ago #229960 by srinsoftleaderclips
Everything working upside down.

There were some IPN message received from PayPal for the previous subscription and system is not updating the expiry date properly as follows

Scenario #1

IPN received for the type subscr_failed upgrades the expiry date to 1 month which was already set to be expired as Aug-02-2013 but now it upgraded to Sep-02-2013 . This should not happen as this was subscribed for monthly subscription. The IPN received for this transaction is for the payment done in PayPa, but yesterday itself the expiry date for one month has set when profile created.

(see screenshots ipn_subscr_failed_for_testuserts17.JPG and increased_expirydate_testuserts17.JPG)

Scenario #2

IPN received for the type subscr_payment is not upgrading the expiry date which has increase the expiry date to next day as it was subscribed for daily subscription.

The IPN received for this transaction is the payment happen for daily subscription which has to extend the expiry date

(see screenshots ipn_subscr_payment_for_testuserts12.JPG and not_increased_expirydate_testuserts12.JPG)

Question:

Why IPN upgrades expiry date when type is like subscr_failed?

Why IPN is not upgrading expiry date when type is like subscr_payment?

Kindly test the following scenario in your environment if you can duplicate the same issue
Attachments:

10 years 9 months ago #229961 by krileon
Ok, if I understand correctly the only 2 remaining issues is Renewals are not extending the expiration date and unsubscribes at PayPal are extending the expiration date. Looks like it's just a backwards flag, but need to be exactly sure this is the case so may test the exact scenario.

Please note Unsubscribes at PayPal will not cancel the subscription. Even unsubscribes on-site will not cancel the subscription. All this does is cancel the recurring part of the subscription. It takes a second unsubscribe to actually cancel the entire subscription. The reason it is done this way is if they cancel at PayPal by mistake or by force it won't cancel their subscription on-site by accident.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn