HTML plans email style

8 months 4 weeks ago #334611 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic HTML plans email style
View the source of the email and check its HTML to see what those linebreaks really are. If they're a bunch of <br> elements that'd be CBs built in linebreak functionality, which it shouldn't have those if CB is up to date. If it's invalid characters or white space then there's a problem in the HTML itself.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #334622 by Leobici
Replied by Leobici on topic HTML plans email style
Thanks Krileon,
as you can see here below, 
the linebreaks are <br> elements but i have both CB and CBsubs up to date.

Attachments:

8 months 3 weeks ago #334628 by krileon
Strange, I'm not seeing this in my tests. Please download latest CB build release from our downloads page below and install it over the top of CB to be absolutely sure it's up to date. I can't think of any reason why it would still be applying unless there's something being inserted before the <!DOCTYPE html> as that MUST be the first line of the email for the HTML detection to work.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

If issue persists after updating please PM (see link in signature) backend super user login credentials and include details regarding what plan is doing this and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 months 3 weeks ago #334632 by Leobici
Nothing,
i installed the latest downloaded CB over but nothing changes on the html email.

I send you a PM 

8 months 3 weeks ago #334636 by krileon
Only your "Email on first activation" email is setup correctly. Your other emails begin with <!-- BODY --> so they will be subject to the linebreak behavior. What email specifically is causing this problem? You said that was the registration email, but your registration email is also prefixed with <!-- BODY -->. Again the only way to turn off our HTML email behavior, including the linebreak fixing, is to begin your email with "<html" or "<!DOCTYPE html" otherwise the linebreak behavior will be applied. We'll be changing this in CB 3.x and replacing all these parameters with email template files, but for now you need to be sure to account for the linebreak fixing behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #334637 by Leobici
Yes Krileon,
i started testing the email with the "first activation" email in the Weekender plan, that's why is the only correct one.
It's not the registration one but the activation, i made a mistake telling you the wrong one because both of them are sent toghether if it's a new registration, but testing is correct and it's inserting linebreaks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn